• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does the Keyboard really become usable?

Everyone keeps talking about Swype...I've been to Swypeinc.com and I STILL can't find where to dl this lol

I did a search, found the site below, and followed the instructions:

Leaked: Swype For Android Beta Unofficially Available For Motorola Droid

And I have to say, I've always been a physical querty keyboard only kind of girl and I've never liked T9 (found it frustrating, because it always inserted words I didn't want). Swype is phenomenal!! It really is like it reads your mind, even when you're not accurate while swiping the keys.

Upvote 0
The first week I had my Droid, I didn't like the physical keyboard at all. I eventually just started using it out of curiosity and now I love it. I barely use the virtual keyboard; only time I really use it if I'm typing a one word response or if I'm just lazy.

The keyboard does feel very compact at first, but you'll eventually get used to it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones