Does the Moment have a hybrid 1.5 and 2.0?Support

Last Updated:

1. bnash972

bnash972 New Member This Topic's Starter

Is the Moment actually running a hybrid of 2.0 and 1.5? There are some features that the Sammy appears to be running that actually are 2.0 features...i.e. camera flash support, exchange sync, amongst a few others. Is this possible? I think they handpicked a few 2.0 features to get this phone launched quickly. I'm VERY, VERY optimistic 2.0 will be coming. SOON.

I'm coming off of a G1 that I've had for a year. Android is great. In just over a year Android has already surpassed iPhone in features despite the 3 year head start. The iPhone does have a slicker interface, but give Android 18 more months and...WOW.

Moment is not perfect, but unlike the iPhone, you won't have to upgrade your hardware for major upgrades.

Go Android!

BTW...if this topic is a duplicate. I browsed and searched, but didn't find anything.

Advertisement
  2. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

Samsung could have tweaked 1.5 to work with the moment and provide those extra features.

3. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

They would have had to either have coded the CDMA support or gotten the code 1.6 was using from Google. Its not much of a stretch to think that Samsung wrote some of the code used in the handset.

So, I'm tempted to agree with dbPaddler.