Does the NFC have a secure elementSupport

1. Casen

Casen Member

As I asked, does the NFC in this phone have a secure element?

Advertisement
  2. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

the secure element is in the SIM card from my knowledge, that is why it requires NFC enabled SIM cards.
  3. Casen

Casen Member

Hmmmm.
  4. plmiller0905

plmiller0905 Well-Known Member

I don't think the secure element is in the Sim card...maybe it is with these phones and maybe not. But I know when people was rooting their devices and attempting to get Google wallet to work on their devices months ago, a lot of people ran into this issue and messed up their NFC where it wouldnt work again and was presented with an " Secure Element" error. And it had nothing to do with the Sim card whatsoever.

Now the Isis Mobile Payment , that requires a different Sim card for that to work.

But I doubt the current Sim cards have anything to do with NFC...
  5. Cincybearcatfan

Cincybearcatfan Well-Known Member

According to VZW and the CSR's the nano sim cards used in the Maxx DO in fact have NFC technology built into them. That's why the iPhone 5 nano sims do not work with the phone.
    plmiller0905 likes this.
  6. plmiller0905

plmiller0905 Well-Known Member

Well that seals the deal for me not getting a Maxx...lol.

Im using my ATT Sim in my Ultra and was thinking about exchanging my Ultra for a Maxx today if the X doesn't release today...but if the NFC support is indeed in the nano Sim, I'll pass..
  7. Casen

Casen Member

Only isis requires NFC Sim, and always has, even with phones with secure elements. Is there a tear down anywhere that lists parts?
  8. rjack22

rjack22 Member

How do you get a NFC Sim? Wouldn't a brand new Maxx come with the right Sim?
  9. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

The Droid Maxx has the SIM installed before it is shipped to the dealer. It is the correct SIM. The dealers do not yet have the SIM in stock. There was a learning experience the first day as Customer Service got into the act of reassigning the SIMs remotely.

... Thom