• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does the "normal" debranding method still apply?

mattic

Lurker
Oct 1, 2010
Hi guys, my first post here to go easy on me :D.

I have an Orange branded desire, and tonight I finally got my update to Froyo. Those of you with it will know how disappointing it is as that Orange have still left all the demos etc on there.

I was looking at debranding using the goldcard method a few months ago, but I am not sure if the process has changed slightly now that I am on Froyo.

I have read something about using RUU, but I have no idea what that is or what process this involves.

Sorry if this is a duplicate thread, I know there are many debranding threads but most relate to 2.1 and the older software version. Now that I am running 2.2 and software version 2.17.61.2 I was unsure whether those thread would be of much use.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards

Matt

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones