• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does the Optimus S Supports Flash?

kbrn

Android Enthusiast
Feb 5, 2010
I was reading at the Optimus M Forum that they can not have flash cause the processor isn't supported And Since I may be switching to this phone as my new upgrade in a few days I'd like to know if the Sprint version can run Flash.

Thanks!

S'possed to.

I have this phone and it is a really great phone. The only thing better would be larger screen and the ability to easily connect to debugging mode for simpletons.

So 2.2 is supposed to support flash 10.1. The problem is that adobe was to make this available through the market and it doesn't. When you go to download it says it is not available. I'll check one more time as I do regularly.

nothing..It's not even on there anymore. I'm gonna look again online for ya. hold on.

Man I did some digging and it's not on there and I don't know why. I'm sure there is a thread on here saying what is going on butttttttt!!!!!

I did find what looks like a link to download it.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

I'm gonna send it to my phone and then use onymous app installer and see if that does the trick. I'll bookmark this thread and post back tonight.

Upvote 0
S'possed to.

I have this phone and it is a really great phone. The only thing better would be larger screen and the ability to easily connect to debugging mode for simpletons.

So 2.2 is supposed to support flash 10.1. The problem is that adobe was to make this available through the market and it doesn't. When you go to download it says it is not available. I'll check one more time as I do regularly.

nothing..It's not even on there anymore. I'm gonna look again online for ya. hold on.

Man I did some digging and it's not on there and I don't know why. I'm sure there is a thread on here saying what is going on butttttttt!!!!!

I did find what looks like a link to download it.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

I'm gonna send it to my phone and then use onymous app installer and see if that does the trick. I'll bookmark this thread and post back tonight.

?

Upvote 0
I was reading at the Optimus M Forum that they can not have flash cause the processor isn't supported And Since I may be switching to this phone as my new upgrade in a few days I'd like to know if the Sprint version can run Flash.

Thanks!

AT the current time, Flash 10.1 does not support the Optimus. However, the skyfire browser does support playing flash videos. So if you are looking for flash support for flash games or generalized content, you are out of luck, but you should still be able to access videos.

I would also point out that the Optimus comes with a youtube app... and it works quite well.

--
Bill

Upvote 0
thanks to both of you guys.. Seems like there's no support for the optimus s either due to the kind of processor ..

I think I will wait for whatever comes out from here until february.

I have been reading a lot of good stuff about the optimus
But 2 of 2 features I would like aren't there.
Flash as in Abobe flash and Flash as in camera flash

Upvote 0
thanks to both of you guys.. Seems like there's no support for the optimus s either due to the kind of processor ..

I think I will wait for whatever comes out from here until february.

I have been reading a lot of good stuff about the optimus
But 2 of 2 features I would like aren't there.
Flash as in Abobe flash and Flash as in camera flash

Well, you got to be happy with the phone you choose; after all, you are stuck with it until your next upgrade comes around (12-22 months on sprint).

The Optimus is a great phone, certainly it is the best thing Sprint has below its 4 G phones at the moment, but its not for everyone.... Of course that is the great thing about Android; they realize that one size does not fit all :)

--
Bill

Upvote 0
Uhh...you mean the evo?

These phones are kind of at the opposite side of the spectrum. At least with respect to screen sizes. Evos are great, no doubt about it, but not everyone wants to pay the 4G fee... er... I mean the heavy use fee. Also, some might find the Optimus' screen to be a little too small, but find the Evo (as a device) to be too big. So, I can certainly see room for a really good 3.7" phone in Sprint's lineup.

--
Bill

Upvote 0
AT the current time, Flash 10.1 does not support the Optimus. However, the skyfire browser does support playing flash videos. So if you are looking for flash support for flash games or generalized content, you are out of luck, but you should still be able to access videos.

I would also point out that the Optimus comes with a youtube app... and it works quite well.

--
Bill

Skyfire is the way I've found to get basic flash support on my optimus. Seems to work well so far.

Upvote 0
The Optimus will never run Flash because the ARM v6 processor doesn't have the horsepower. ARM v7 processors can run Flash. I guess the Evo 4G, et al, can run Flash. I think SkyFire uses their big powerful servers to convert Flash to format that can be streamed to the Optimus. Therefore you can stream Flash videos to the Optimus using SkyFire, but you can't play Flash games or otherwise interact with Flash websites on the Optimus.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones