• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does the RC E100 totally work with the Hero?

JimR123

Nov 15, 2009
UK
Hi,

I like the headphones that you get free with the Hero, because of the controller half way down the wire that lets you play, pause, skip forward and backward without having to turn the phone's screen on.

But, I find the actual earbuds don't fit too well in my ears and so are uncomfortable.

So, does anybody have the RC E100 (HTC: Accessory store: Windows Mobile Phone Accessories: HTC Hero Wired Remote Control RC E100 (with HTC Logo): Description) adapter thingy that lets you use your own earbuds of choice, and if so, do all the buttons and everything work with the Hero?

I gather this adapter is advertised in the box with most HTC models, and that it doesn't work with them all, so wanted to check before I buy one...

Of course, the E100 can use any headphones. And no there are no drivers required for the Hero. But I believe you need to set the default application which receives the remotes commands.
When I first got the E100, meridian player by default responded to the commands from the remote.

I'll look into this more, which application is best to use for the E100. :)

Upvote 0
Hi, I bought this headset a while ago. It worked for one day.. I didn't install any drivers, just plugged it in, worked fine.

The next day the phone couldn't recognize the headset, Then i tried installing the drivers on the CD, It said i already had the latest one. So now it just wont work. Also i've been reading on other forums and alot of people have the same problem.

I would not recommend buying this product at all.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones