Does the Revolution have Gorilla Glass / Notification Lights / Unlocked Bootloader?Support

1. Haloman800

Haloman800 Active Member

Do we know yet? LED Lights are the main thing for me.. That's why I passed on the charge. I'm so glad I did..

This'll be the perfect upgrade from my D1 !! I'd hold out for Dual Core, but I can't pass up 2 years of unlimited 4G when my city just got it!

EDIT: /Second gen Snapdragon processor like the TBolt?

Advertisement
  2. Haxcid

Haxcid Well-Known Member

1. nope probably not
    2. from pictures I do not see any external LED on the front.
    3. We wont know until tomorrow if the loader is locked or not. It probably is.

Droid x2 is out (3G only) it is dual core. and cheaper than this phone.
  3. Haloman800

Haloman800 Active Member

4. jinwons

jinwons Well-Known Member

It does have unlocked boot-loader for sure. Not sure about gorilla glass but I bet Rev has that too.
  5. Haloman800

Haloman800 Active Member

How do we know this? Source? Thanks.
  6. Haxcid

Haxcid Well-Known Member

Unlocked bootloader means rooting is super easy and you can expect lots of custom roms for it with it completely de-binged.

Unlocked boot loaders generally draw developers because most of the work, getting the boot loader unlocked, is done. I am concerned however there is no forum for the revolution over at XDA...
  7. droidx8791

droidx8791 Member

The core is second generation qualcomm same chip as the thunderbolt and several other devices. On their site they say its 1.4ghz but lg and Verizon are saying 1.0. Its very fast either way.
  8. jinwons

I couldn't find link specific to gorilla glass on Revolution. But saw links on Optimus 2X, G-slate, Black having gorilla glass. Also Corning is supplying bunch of gorilla glass to LG. So Revolution is very likely to have it which is must for phone of this much caliber, spec.
  9. Haloman800

Haloman800 Active Member

I just dropped them a line asking them to add a forum for it here: XDA Contacts & Help | xda-developers , everyone please do the same, a forum at XDA will certainly bring some dev support for this thing.
  10. Haxcid

Haxcid Well-Known Member

I already contacted them...

11. 1of7627

1of7627 Well-Known Member

I downloaded the the Verizon manual for the Revolution and there's no mention of a notification LED. - MarkC
  12. stetsonaw

stetsonaw Well-Known Member

13. 1of7627

Attached Files:

14. stetsonaw

So you are saying my picture is faked? Dude, what the heck? Just because it doesn't have it on the manual doesn't mean it isn't there. It's obviously there, i took a picture of it earlier.
  15. mothy

mothy Well-Known Member

I will second that, Ive played with it in store and yes the notification light is there!
  16. jinwons

So Revolution is on verizon stores right now? I thought today's launch might be just online order and it might arrive at stores later.
  17. Raptor007

Raptor007 Well-Known Member

I sent XDA-Devlopers a request for the LG Revo forum as well.
  18. 1of7627

Sorry, but your picture doesn't come up for me so I can't see what it is. No offense meant and I'll take your word for it. I was concerned because my wife's Vortex doesn't have an LED and I've definitely gotten used to them on the Moto Droids I've had. I've been studying the manual in anticipation of ordering one and since it was heavily discounted (even on opening day), I've got one coming. Best regards. - MarkC
  19. Raptor007

Raptor007 Well-Known Member

Here is a link to the Corning Gorilla Glass page for products that use it . . . CORNING
  20. stetsonaw

Oh, no worries, the picture is just a link to a pic on my twitpic. I hadnt seen anything about it either. But once i hear for sure that its unlocked, then i'll buy it.
  21. droidx8791

droidx8791 Member

Yes guys its true it does have a led notification. Stetsonaw and I both have seen it in person. Awesome phone!
    stetsonaw likes this.
  22. stetsonaw

Now the big one, just need the bootloader question answered!!
  23. kcs7272

kcs7272 Well-Known Member

I bought the Revolution this morning LED = Heck ya! The skin on Android is hideous though in my opinion. Launcher Pro FTW!
    GunnerJim likes this.
  24. GunnerJim

GunnerJim Well-Known Member

Confirm the LED is there, It can change from red, yellow, green, blue. The Charge did not have the function, I returned the Charge for the LG, but not for that reason. I thumped the three LTE glass screens side by side, the TB and Charge are confirmed to have Gorilla Glass, the thump was identical on all three, I am willing to bet LG Revo is Gorilla Glass, the VZW rep said it was... But we know that is not always gospel. I wish it was Super AMOLED like the Charge... Samsung has something great going on there, it does prolong battery life. So far I am impressed with the snappy LG Revo. I read LG does not care about locking the bootloader and seeing the root crowd is all over it kind of confirms this. So LG is listening to the Android Faithful, HTC is getting on board too.
  25. stetsonaw

Except for the fact that LG forgot to give us a decent recovery mode. And birdman confirmed the unlocked bootloader by seeing that there is no signature on the kernel images... just need a custom recovery now and we'll be set.
    GunnerJim likes this.