General Does the RMH include aan SD card?

1. droidros

droidros Well-Known Member

My new Maxx HD is due to arrive tomorrow - can't wait!

One question. Does it come with an SD card already installed? or do I have to buy that separately? I think the Droid X came with one.

Advertisement
  2. Xelios

Xelios Well-Known Member

No SD card included. Probably since they come with decent enough internal storage nowadays.
    droidros likes this.
  3. droidros

:( Oh well... I guess I'll have to spring for an SD card.

Any pointers on which one to get?
  4. Xelios

Xelios Well-Known Member

5. droidros

6. Xelios

Xelios Well-Known Member

I actually didn't return it, I sold it to my brother for 20 instead, worked just fine in his GS3.

I haven't gotten a replacement yet though. Can't help ya on that, sorry bud.
    droidros likes this.
  7. dirkbonn

dirkbonn Well-Known Member

As others have pointed out, no SD card comes with the phone, and yes I also had a Droid X and it came with a 16GB when first released. Later, when they started discounting the phone, I think they put a 2GB card in the box.

Here's the SD card I purchased for my Maxx HD from Amazon and it works great.

Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra 32 GB MicroSDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQU-032G-AFFP-A): Electronics

They also have a 64GB version but I figured with 32GB internally and a 32GB SD card, I should have enough. :smokingsomb:

Best of luck to you.
  8. Raryn

Raryn Well-Known Member

I just moved the 16gb card from the droid x over.
  9. droidros

Thanks! I thought one can only add up to 32GB. Anyway, I agree, 64GB total should be enough to last me for a while!
  10. droidros

That's an option, but I'm thinking of maintaining all my old games on the DX so I can play them from time to time and just starting afresh on the RMH.

Still, if the RMH comes equipped with 32GB already, I probably don't need to add an SD at least for a while -- since I only had 24GB total on the DX. :p
  11. orcsbane13

orcsbane13 Well-Known Member

Bought the 64gb one off amazon. Stuck it in and formatted works perfectly. Around 70gb storage after partitions and formatting.

[​IMG]
  12. droidros

Your phone must be really heavy! :)
  13. robdec17

robdec17 Well-Known Member

you would think for the full price of $299 it would come with an sd card. My 2 year old Thunderbolt was $199 and it came with a 32 GB card and 20GB on board.
  14. PathToEternity

PathToEternity Well-Known Member

I haven't really seen any reason to have an SD card in it, unless maybe you are loading tons of movies or something on it?
  15. pegs520

pegs520 Well-Known Member

Yep, I keep all my songs and movies on my 8 GB sd. It comes in very handy.
  16. tnstra

tnstra Well-Known Member