Does the S4 have notification LED??General

1. skeeter50187

skeeter50187 New Member

jus wanna kno...

Advertisement
  2. mlivetech

mlivetech New Member

So far i have not come across any site which has specied about LED notificatiion on Galaxy S4.
  3. ben7337

ben7337 Well-Known Member

Could be wrong, but I think I saw one in one of the pre release leaked videos. It was smaller than the GS3 and GNex light, and in the upper left.
  4. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

If history serves me right I saw it on one of the reviews from inside Radio City ..
  5. The game 161

The game 161 Well-Known Member

Remember seeing it on one hands on video..
  6. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Has there been any further information on this. Such as brightness, power, etc.?
  7. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Well-Known Member

It has a notification LED.
  8. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Thanks... I'm happy it has an LED Notification.
    What I'm looking for is if anyone has found any specs on the LED?
  9. oleb84

oleb84 Well-Known Member

Why does it matter? #justcurious
  10. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

I have heard it has a smaller and lower powered light which doesn't give as strong an LED as the S3.
    Further I also heard of a possibility in it having multi colour by default without additional software support such as GoSMS.
  11. jackdubl

jackdubl Well-Known Member

I would think so, since S3 can do multi colors without an app.

Can't speak to the strength of the led.
  12. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

I didn't think the S3's SMS App did multi colour notification, hence why some use GoSMS with it's individual colour LED's.
  13. jackdubl

jackdubl Well-Known Member

Ah, well if your asking if the S3 native apps use the function, no they don't.
  14. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Yes, which is one of the reasons I am looking into obtaining info on whether or not the S4's SMS App will have multi.
  15. Gearu

Gearu Well-Known Member

It does. In the 'My Device' tab of Settings, there is LED Indicator menu option with red, green and blue dots for the icon. :)

Found the video again, check this video at 3:47
  16. forddna

forddna Well-Known Member

So that you know you missed a call, text, etc without turning the screen on. I had the GS2 with no LED notification light, and I hated that it didn't have it. The original Galaxy S's did! WTH!

Tried noled app, but it was more of a pain than a help.
  17. ThirstyDog

ThirstyDog Well-Known Member

BzB likes this.
  18. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

There's a better one here ~ Galaxy S4 In-Depth First Impressions *Samsung Unpacked 2013* - YouTube
    Look especially at 1:28 where the reviewer gives a meaningfull explanation of all the radios at the top of the handset and at 2:50 they then show and mention the RGB LED.

I still though have not found anything further on whether or not this LED can do separate colours for SMS like GoSMS does.
    I know believe my source to be incorrect.
  19. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Well-Known Member

The GS3 LED light was able to change colors. I don't see any reason why this should be different.
  20. Beards

Beards Well-Known Member

Yes but not in the default SMS App. That is part what I am saying, nothing has moved on from the S3.
    The only way to have multi coloured LED'S under SMS is by using 3rd party Apps such as Go SMS.
  21. forddna

I hate the stock messaging apps anyway! I can't stand the bubbles.
  22. sane

sane New Member

Are you talking about for text messages? Or just in general? I downloaded the Go SMS Pro App. You
  23. bradyapba

bradyapba Well-Known Member

download NOLED.way better. at a quick glance at your screen you can see a pic of every notice you have, from any app you have.
  24. TheyCallMeBT

TheyCallMeBT Well-Known Member

I like LightFlow Lite (free version).
  25. forddna

Hated it. It would "catch" my texts as soon as the phone received one. It would immediately stop the notification sound, turn the screen back off, and start flashing the missed text icon. I'm like..bitch! I didn't miss a text! You stole it!! :p