• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does the S4 take SDHC cards?

No to SDHC. It takes micro-SD up to 64GB. Get a Samsung card...they seem to be the ones with the least problems at the current time.
Anything over 8GB will be a SDHC, in this case, it is micro-SDHC.

It will take up to a 64GB Micro-SDHC card. I do not know if would take a 64GB Micro-SDXC card, but it might (you might have to reformat it in a computer first though).

Upvote 0
Anything over 8GB will be a SDHC, in this case, it is micro-SDHC.

It will take up to a 64GB Micro-SDHC card. I do not know if would take a 64GB Micro-SDXC card, but it might (you might have to reformat it in a computer first though).

I believe SDHC format only supports cards with capacities up to 32GB (link). The 64GB card is microSDXC, and is supported by the S4 (exFAT)

Upvote 0
From everything I have seen and been told sdhc is all they are making now. The s4's are expandable up to 64mg. So I have 32 internal memory the biggest card I can get is 32. :)

That does not sound right. The S4 supports upto a 64GB removable memory card, not 64GB total memory. I have a 16GB model and a 64GB card, usable memory (after OS and such) is about 72GB, not limited to 64GB. Though what you are allowed to store where (internal vs. external) is still somewhat limited.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones