Does the Samsung Galaxy S3 has any advantage over Esteem?General

1. dportal2006

dportal2006 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of changing my LG Esteem because its battery life is dismal and it is really frustrating me. Does the Samsung Galaxy S3 have better battery life? Anyone recommend another Android phone from Metro with better battery life but cheaper than SG3?

Advertisement
  2. skrapmetal

skrapmetal Well-Known Member

Why the terrible battery life? I get 14-15 hours out of mine with heavy use. Even more with light use. Might try asking in the S3 forum, since there are many previous Esteem owners there.
  3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Hardware and software wise the S3 is hands down a better device than the esteem.

The improvements in the CPU should also help with battery efficiency, although the screen will use more than the esteem because of the larger size. However, There should be overall battery life improvement
  4. nailzer

nailzer Well-Known Member

I can hook my GS3 to my computer keyboard and mouse, the GS3 recognizes both. I can get video out to my computer monitor and 50" plasma TV from my GS3. I can plug in a USB drive and it's recognized which makes it easy to transfer files, just to name a few things..
  5. dportal2006

What ROM and kernel are you using?
  6. HereticSins

HereticSins Well-Known Member

Lg Motion.
  7. PRkid

PRkid Well-Known Member

I have the GS3 also, but I want to know; Which TV has that feature? Bc I want to buy a flat screen. But I heard to play videos from the phone to the TV, it will only work with a Samsung Smart TV? I saw the prices on them things, and I am not spending that amount of money.
  8. nailzer

nailzer Well-Known Member

As long as you have a micro USB to HDMI cable it works on any TV that has a HDMI input. Both my Asus computer monitor and Panasonic plasma TV show the phone screen with the cable plugged in.
    PRkid likes this.
  9. lablackdiabla

lablackdiabla Well-Known Member

How do you get that much battery life on yours.. I took of my SP b launcher to see if it made a difference on my battery and results were the original launcher pro is eating more of it now since i disconnected from the charger at 8 and by 9:30 i only had 79 %. i put it to charge so i can get more out of it.
  10. PRkid

PRkid Well-Known Member

Nice! Thanks for the info.
  11. skrapmetal

I'm on #2 rom. I am running go launcher, i keep my 4g off unless I'm using it, i keep the screen on auto or dark, i uninstalled all non essential apps and moved the rest to the SD card. I also have only a few widgets and 2 home screens. I use SetCPU to underclock my cpu to run much slower with the screen off. Normally its underclocked to just over 700mhz. I found no increase in performance by leaving the speed at 1G.

I am using a 1800mah Mugen Power battery. It's same physical size as the stock battery.

Oh, I have a task killer installed but it is not set to auto kill. I only use it if I find that its acting sluggish.
  12. yahhboy

yahhboy Well-Known Member

For that money you're better off buying a nexus 4 for 300/350 and going to straight talk or T-Mobile prepaid, forget the s3 lol
  13. dportal2006

Yeah the only thing with the Nexus 4 is it does not have LTE. Besides I already tried with LG and did not have a very positive experience.
  14. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

also u can connect a nintendo wii controller or a wirless ps3 controller to your gs3 and play emulated games and use your phone as a game console ;)
  15. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

Also I was On my way to Aspen, I forgot to do my taxes
    Call up my SIII, It's gonna make you do magic.
    Wala! magic, Wala! magic, Wala! magic, Wala! magic
  16. virgoxxx99

virgoxxx99 Member

I thought Sony was coming out with a phone/controller? They talked about it like a year ago with, I want to say, Ericson.
  17. PRkid

PRkid Well-Known Member

I want to start playing emulated games but idk where to start. Im planning on getting me a ps3 this Black Friday. What do I have to download/pieces to connect the control to my S3?
  18. yahhboy

yahhboy Well-Known Member

Just siaxxis controller from the play store, be sure to use the unpaid version to be sure it works before you pull the trigger

True, but tmobiles hspa is as fast or faster than metros lte and its less battery intensive. And lemme guess were you a fellow g2x owner?
  19. Mrkline006

Mrkline006 Member

I tried the S3 out, my friend has it But I still prefer my Esteem. I guess it comes up to what YOU want in a phone, and what YOU like. Try finding a friend or neighbor that has a S3 and will let you play with it lol
  20. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

And could I know why lol , the s3 is better in EVERYTHING ...
  21. dportal2006

LOL. You must be in denial. The S3 is a better phone in just about everything except price.
  22. Jachrael

Jachrael New Member

For around $10 online you could get a couple of extended batteries and external charger and enjoy your phone at full power all the time.
  23. skrapmetal

I do have an oem extended battery, my phone lasts all day on the stock sized 1800mah battery so i dont use the extended one unless I'm playing a game, plus i get to use my case with the stock sized battery. That's the main reason why i dont use/need the extended one. :)
  24. ktchong

ktchong Well-Known Member

Samsung Galaxy S3 is way faster and more stable than LG Esteem, and compatible with more apps than LG Esteem.

Also, I can have an extended battery and a dual-layer protective cover, (i.e., a special case with a rubbery TPU interior + a hard plastic exterior shell, heavy duty protection) with my Samsung Galaxy S3. With LG Esteem, I had to sacrifice one: if I used a dual-layer protection, then I would not be able to use use a fat extended battery; if I used a fat extended battery, then I would not be able to put a high-quality protective cover over the phone. There was never a heavy-duty protective cover designed for LG Esteem with extended battery, (there is at least one such cover for Samsung Galaxy S3.)