• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does the screen scratch easily? + Screen Protectors

ZingXao

Mar 11, 2011
I've read it doesn't use Gorilla Glass. I've also read it can be scratched easily. However, I've also read it's difficult to scratch? Which one is it?

Also, what decent screen protectors are there out there? I looked into those invisibleSHIELD protectors, but heard they're extremely difficult to remove. Is this true?

You could go bare, I've done it and it lasted weeks. Doesn't really scratch, it's 'hardened' glass. Either way, through personal experience, don't go for the wet installs. Who cares about the remove, all I care about is the appearance they give - orange peel effect. It looks horrid, I tried it on the Skinomi which got better reviews.

Also, after trying a bunch of eBay ones, I found some quality ones that are cut almost perfectly to make the whole thing stick - if you want I can post the link to the seller. They are dry-install.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones