• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Does the Sprint Hero with Android OS 2.1 Upgrade have "pinch to zoom"

Vesbon

Apr 24, 2010
If I were to get a Sprint Hero (I know, i know, the EVO is about to come out), and assume I upgrade the OS to Android 2.1, will it then have "pinch to zoom"?

I have no idea why the Verizon Droid Eris always had "pinch to zoom," but the Hero didn't.

To me, having "pinch to zoom" is a big feature, so I hope I can get it on a Hero.

Thanks,
v

The Hero (Sprint version at least) has pinch to zoom both before and after the 2.1 update.

I thought it was odd the Eris would have pinch to zoom and the Hero didn't. This was just one Sprint store, but I tried it and it wouldn't zoom. Maybe it's a feature that can be turned on and off. The sprint rep (most are clueless about Android) said confidently, "Nope, the Hero does not have pinch to zoom." I said, "I know the Eris does, why not this phone?" He gave me some BS answer. Anyway, glad to hear its on the phone, regardless of my Sprint store experience.

-V

Upvote 0
I thought it was odd the Eris would have pinch to zoom and the Hero didn't. This was just one Sprint store, but I tried it and it wouldn't zoom. Maybe it's a feature that can be turned on and off. The sprint rep (most are clueless about Android) said confidently, "Nope, the Hero does not have pinch to zoom." I said, "I know the Eris does, why not this phone?" He gave me some BS answer. Anyway, glad to hear its on the phone, regardless of my Sprint store experience.

-V

Thats why if you want to know about a phone you research it, go into the store when you have free time and check out the features and play with it.no matter what everyone say the final choice is yours.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones