Does the Sprint Nav update cause Screen Blackouts?Support

Last Updated:

1. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Two days ago (Saturday) I reflashed the CL14 update because my phone was constantly locking up (as in an eternal sleep that cannot be woken up, and the phone cannot be turned on unless the battery had been removed first) or going into the fake airplane mode.
    So, I installed about 10 different apps to start... the phone continued to work wonderfully all the way until just now...
    About 1 hour ago I ran the update on Sprint Navigation. An hour later, LOCKUP!

I'm going to see if it locks up again. Then I'm going to reflash CL14 AGAIN and not update Sprint Nav.

Anyways, has anyone else noticed this problem?

Advertisement
  2. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Update:
    I reflashed the software last Friday (5 days ago), and since then have installed just about every app that I had before I reflashed. Of course, I haven't update Sprint Nav... but I also added in a Joey kernel.

Ever since then, my phone has run great, I have had zero lockups, but the app Locale still bogs down my phone (I guess there's no way to avoid that?). The thing is, because I added in the kernel, I can't definitively say whether or not a fix came from the kernel, or a glitch was avoided through not updating...:confused:

Well, I'm probably not going to reflash again until 2.1 comes along. Hopefully someone else finds this info useful in fixing a lockup problem:)

3. kzoo

kzoo Well-Known Member

Running non-rooted stock 1.5 and. moment. Sprint nav 2.8 runs well, telenav runs faster!