No Yes

3. zafonic

zafonic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

4. seepage

seepage Well-Known Member

you asked two questions

5. GalaxyTDM

GalaxyTDM Well-Known Member

Sorry I can't give you an answer but I hope someone can as I was wondering the same thing myself.
    I recently got a bedside clock app and then wondered if it might burn the screen.

6. seepage

ok then no it does not and yes I do. You can disable the screen saving mode. Ive forgotten about it and left the screen with a static image for hours a few times and there is no sign of screen burn

7. plutoniumdragon

plutoniumdragon New Member

Think about it for a moment, it is an emissive screen so of course it will suffer "screen burn" eventually if one part of the screen is always powered and wears out more than another part.
    will this happen during the natural life of a mobile? Do a Google search for the issue and make your own mind up....

8. zafonic

The reason I ask is my Desire has suffered from screen burn, but wasn't sure as the Galaxy S has a super AMOLED screen if too would suffer the same fate.

9. plutoniumdragon

plutoniumdragon New Member

Yeah the "super" bit is more to do with the internal layout of the display and doesn't in itself help with the problem of LEDs wearing out :(
    I suppose it's too early to tell yet if the materials this particular screen is made from is going to help with screen life - we can hope :)

What will make the most difference is the brightness of the screen, if you can accept keeping the screen dimmer then the individual LED pixels will last longer and "screen burn" will take longer to become noticeable.

Edit: Forgot to say that although Samsung is using an adaptive drive technology which compensates for LED wear, it doesn't prevent wear.
    So at some point "screen burn" will happen, it's just how long it takes.
    How long do you plan to have your phone? :) :)

10. Partisaani

Partisaani Member

been having this phone since day 1. No screenburn appeared so far. Though i have screensaver time for 1 min so it doesn

11. zafonic

At least a couple of years.

12. seepage

I often have the same thing on the screen without any screen time out for up to three hours at a time when using sat nav. The brightness is at max to allow me to see it in daylight and I can see no trace of screen burn. It may be possible but is not happening on mine at least.

13. /dev/null

/dev/null Member

Yes, it does. Mine has a qwerty keyboard burnt into the screen (from the Messaging app).

All I can do is ignore it.

14. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Well-Known Member

I have a screen brightness icon on my home page.

I keep it at the lowest level that I can see with. Can't hurt, and it might help extend the screen life.

Galaxy S Fascinate

15. D79_

D79_ New Member

I too have the qwerty keyboard burnt into my old galaxy s screen, and now im gettjn it on my galaxy s2, its only slight on my galaxy s2 but ive only had it for about 3 months now, i hope it dnt get as bad as my old galaxy s :-(

They really need to sort this prob out or ppl wont be goin for amoled screens, its a shame coz i love amoled, i have since i got my omnia hd

16. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Had my Galaxy S for a year now, bought it about this time last year when I was in the UK. NO screen burn at all and I'm sure it's as bright as when I first got the S. Phone has been on more or less 24/7 for the whole time, turned off occasionally because of flights.

BTW still completely happy with it, not likely to change any time soon.

17. rogem_kk

rogem_kk Well-Known Member

One reason why I change my themes every few weeks. LEDs do wear out. Blue is the first to go. Put an all white image on the screen and see if you see any color variations.

18. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

On a white image there is no colour variations I can see at all, one year old Galaxy S. Also the screen still appears to be as bright and clear as the new phones in the shop. So I think it might be OK here, for another year at least, by then it will probably be time to upgrade.

19. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Well-Known Member

Mine is 7 months old now, seems to be as good as new.
    Could have dimmed some, but I haven't had any issues with it.

20. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Bumping this old thread:

Just started to notice faint screen burn on Galaxy S. Only really visible on solid colours, not noticeable otherwise. It's at the top in the notifications area, can see shadows of the clock, battery and signal strength. Nothing to worry about yet though. Phone is coming on for two years old though, will probably replace it at end of year.

21. jpsalvesen

jpsalvesen New Member

I've played a lot of wordfeud for the past year or whatever, and I've got screen burn.

mikedt likes this.