Does the transform ultra screen scratch easily?General

1. jrocharris

jrocharris Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how easy the screen on the tu scratches ?? Is it gorilla glass? I sent mine in for repair and they replaced the screen so i lost my screen protecter just wanted to know if i need one...

Advertisement
    :
  2. xaelith

xaelith Well-Known Member

I don't have a screen protector on mine, and klutz that I am, I've dropped it and all sorts of stuff, and the screen still looks brand new.I also had another that this one replaced that I dropped and dragged while taking out of my pocket while riding a bike, and the screen scratched there. Moral of the story, it will scratch, but you have to try REALLY hard. :p
  3. Loota

Loota Well-Known Member

I had a screen protector on mine and had problems cause it was a generic one I cut to size and it covered my proximity sensor.. so I took it off.. for about 9 months... I got one light scratch but I also never have my phone in any pocket with metal.. not even coins.

I just recently put a new protector on that I bought 5 of for less then 2 bucks shipped.. link is... here http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006C...ile?redirect=true&ref_=oh_details_o01_s00_i00.

The transform ultra does not have gorilla glass.
  4. Ralkkai

Ralkkai Well-Known Member

Its not guerrilla glass but its still pretty durable. I also don't put anything else in my pocket that my phone is in. I'd say if your prone to heavy wear and tear then protector but if not then its probably not much of a worry.
  5. 4d3fect

4d3fect New Member

I've had it for a month now-- already dropped it a few times, klutz that I am, no scratches so far knock on wood. Don't think it's gorilla glass though, My wife has a Kindle Fire and THAT screen seems bulletproof.
    Slayer72 likes this.