Does the update fix the non dowloadable mms?General

Last Updated:

1. jusdebbie

jusdebbie Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone know if the update fixes the picture message problem that some of us have? When someone sends me a pic i get an alert that it was not able to be downloaded, to retry, and then it doesnt work again. Sometimes it will push thru a non recieved pic message from weeks ago and sometimes i just wont get any notification at all.

Advertisement
  2. bjf88

bjf88 Well-Known Member

3. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

You need to make sure Mobile network is ON.

Happens in 1.5 for some reason. 2.1 automatically turns it on temporarily for MMS, 1.5 sometimes does not.

Outside that, I haven't seen this problem in 2.1.

4. jusdebbie

Mobile network is turned on w my 1.5...Still no pics.

5. hallstevenson

hallstevenson Well-Known Member

No, he says he can send PIC messages. No mention of trouble receiving them. As for the update fixing this, I wouldn't say definitively that it fixes it. My wife's phone had this issue and I wiped and restored it and that apparently fixed it. Updating to 2.1 is a wipe/restore also, so it's hard to say if 2.1 resolves this. From what I've read, the issue is a network (VZW) one that gets "stuck" on some phones.

6. jusdebbie

Since November when i got the phone, I actually did 2 hard resets AND even got a new eris. Those fixes helped only temporarily, up to a month max. Verizon has no explaination! I argued with them and finally got the incredible and they work but i havent had it long enough to know if it will only work for a month too. Last resort is gonna be to change my phone number. They said sometimes that is the only resolve. Btw, still no update in MD.