• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does the Virgin Mobile phone have Gorilla Glass installed?

I've had the zagg, otter box protectors that come with case, mirror protector from eBay, case with built in & cheap ones

I end up taking them all off eventually.
I've never taken the stock one off though.

What branding does your phone have? My Sprint branded phone from the initial batch doesn't have a stock screen protector. The only phone that I've owned that has one is the Triumph.

Upvote 0
What comes with most phones is not a true screen protector.

It's a thin sheet of plastic meant to stop scuffs, and only scuffs, during assembly and shipping. Brush your keys against it and it will shred (I tried it). I thought about leaving it on one of my moms phones until she got a protector, but it was so flimsy that it actually lead to a false sense of security. It also made the screen far less sensitive.

Upvote 0

It's a thin sheet of plastic meant to stop scuffs, and only scuffs, during assembly and shipping. Brush your keys against it and it will shred (I tried it). I thought about leaving it on one of my moms phones until she got a protector, but it was so flimsy that it actually lead to a false sense of security. It also made the screen far less sensitive.

THANK YOU

I mean I knew this, but geeze there are sooo many people who think the phone out of the box is how it should be....

my neighbor has a optimus v that still has the clear tape on the volume and power buttons, and he walks around with the MIED sticker on the battery case.... when he puts the phone away he puts on the sticker that has the fake home screen printed on it...

do NOT even ask me what his laptop and hdtv look like....

Upvote 0

my phone still has the plastic that came on the screen out of the box lol. I cut the little tab on the top off with a razor so it wouldn't want to peel off so easily haha.

Upvote 0
I was sold the Zagg brand as being the top of the line with a lifetime warranty. It does read for the Evo 3D but the salesperson just cut the top off appropriately and put it on for me. Read the box and it says anti-glare, haven't noticed any problems with it as yet but my phone isn't even a week old. Anyone using Zagg, could you tell me if your particular ones state anti-glare? Also what is orange peel that was mentioned in several earlier posts? Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
I was sold the Zagg brand as being the top of the line with a lifetime warranty. It does read for the Evo 3D but the salesperson just cut the top off appropriately and put it on for me. Read the box and it says anti-glare, haven't noticed any problems with it as yet but my phone isn't even a week old. Anyone using Zagg, could you tell me if your particular ones state anti-glare? Also what is orange peel that was mentioned in several earlier posts? Thanks in advance.

I had zag on my old 3d and let me tell you when I got my new 3d and switched to non-zag, the finger swiping is a whole new experience. So much faster then swiping on molasses zag! And yeah, they say lifetime warranty but at $20 bucks a pop they are pretty much screwing you. You can get 6 packs off eBay for around $3 and they last just as long.

Orange peel your referring to I believe is when the texture of the protector has a texture like the surface of an orange. (Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what it's referred to in automotive paint)

Upvote 0
I had zag on my old 3d and let me tell you when I got my new 3d and switched to non-zag, the finger swiping is a whole new experience. So much faster then swiping on molasses zag! And yeah, they say lifetime warranty but at $20 bucks a pop they are pretty much screwing you. You can get 6 packs off eBay for around $3 and they last just as long.

Orange peel your referring to I believe is when the texture of the protector has a texture like the surface of an orange. (Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what it's referred to in automotive paint)
Correct.

And my feelings about Zagg are the same.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones