Does the X10 have an external speaker??General

Last Updated:

1. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been trying to listen to the music I placed on my 8GB microSD card (Via PC Companion), which actually worked rather nicely. However, all of the music is coming out of the speaker where your ear would go, rather than an external speaker. Now, every phone I have had in the last 3 years has had an external speaker; the original iPhone and the BB Curve 8330. Mind you the speaker may not have been the best, but it worked! Especially important for group conversation and verbal GPS for turn by turn directions.

So, please someone tell me I'm just not seeing it and it is there.... Because this is a definate MAKE or BREAK!

Advertisement
  2. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Disregard, I found it.. the reason it is so hard to hear is the speaker is emitting from a tiny hole in the right side of the battery cover (Looking at from the back). Definately not good planning on the speaker. Most phones have an external grill on the back or on the bottom of the phone. I have never seen one done in this fashion before. Very limiting!

3. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

Yep and the next hole down is the mic.

4. KingDong

KingDong Well-Known Member

Worst place ever, I've only got used to not butting my finger over it when on the phone.

5. Gurba

Gurba Well-Known Member

I've used Sygic navi with the X10i and the sound is good enough to hear the instructions.