1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Does this annoy you fellow Connect owners?General

1. Ozzieoh

Ozzieoh Well-Known Member

It really annoys me that this powerhouse phone is only 250 now and the esteem is 379!.... its sad to say but its almost like they know that the majority of metro customers think that the esteem is better because of the "big" screen. Idk.... I had my esteem and on of my connects up on Craigslist at the same time. My connect I put up for cheaper then the esteem and the esteem still sold before.... it just angers me lol

Advertisement
  2. hYpHyPuRpLe

hYpHyPuRpLe Well-Known Member

Bwahahahaha same here.
  3. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

Lol people now a days don't really stop and think about it though. When they see a bigger screen they want it.
    Hell I went to 3 different stores just to buy the esteem and they didn't have any. They only had connects xD so I just ordered it online.
  4. KA24DERACER

KA24DERACER Well-Known Member

Yah, I kinda laughed when I saw the specs sheet for the esteem. One core... less RAM... same resolution (just a slightly larger screen), AND its $100 more. Yah Im glad I paid less for one of the fastest androids available right now. : )
  5. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

No, it annoys me that the esteem gets a ton of dev attention and the attain gets crap. But that's mostly the community's fault. (I'm mailing my attain to shabby when I get paid today.

I actually laugh when I see an esteem, when something has a hefty price tag people think it's got to be superior... this is one of those times they are wrong.
  6. Spike15

Spike15 Well-Known Member

I have Esteem; I bought Connect for my mom. For everyday use, I can't tell the difference in performance between the two, but I can see that LG Esteem looks and feels more expensive than LG Connect. I would not exchange my LG Esteem for LG Connect even if you paid me. Keep on laughing with your Connect while I am enjoying a damn fine Esteem!
    djramod likes this.
  7. ohbaby

ohbaby Well-Known Member

What annoys me, is what Metro is doing. It boggles my mind that I'm now a customer of this company, that doesn't have a clue about marketing,

I can't fathom what they're trying to accomplish. Eitherway it is wrong.
  8. jeffzz421

jeffzz421 Well-Known Member

Yeah I was wondering the same thing about the esteem. The funniest thing is that I just got my connect for $218 !!! With a free 4gb sd card to boot.
  9. Spike15

Esteem is more popular than Connect, and it is not because it is so expensive. I bought my Esteem for $249 after rebate when it was just released, and I was completely happy with it. I lost it in the ocean last month. I wanted to buy Connect, but I just don't see myself with it due to its look. Had I never owned Esteem, I would buy Connect based on its specifications. I was astonished with the recent price of LG Esteem. Luckily, I found a new LG Esteem for $299 online from an authorized dealer. It is just hard to switch from LG Esteem to LG Connect.
  10. Ozzieoh

Its only popular because of the screen size... and that is sad.. I'm speaking of the average metro customer.
  11. Ozzieoh

Exactly
  12. Ozzieoh

Enjoy your 10 pound phone with three year old specs. No prob with me. :)
  13. Tokenpoke

Lol, let's not start flaming the esteem owners, they were here first. Let them like their dino
    Ozzieoh and Spike15 like this.
  14. Mexjoker

+1 as for the dino part... I do like dinosaurs. Lol But they are all great phones in their own right.
    Spike15 likes this.
  15. Spike15

Then stop being so bitter about it. MetroPCS sells Connect at a cheaper price than Esteem; be happy about it! It looks like you are trying to convince yourself that Connect is a better phone. Why is it a problem that some people like Esteem more than Connect? Yes, screen is nice, but Esteem also does not feel as a piece of cheap plastic, and notification lights on Esteem are very convenient. The only feature of LG Connect that I would like to have is the ability to talk and surf in the same time. I have both phones in my household, and my Esteem is as robust as Connect for daily use. If you do some computational work on your cell phone or play some intense games, then you can probably appreciate better processor and RAM. I don't do either, so Esteem fits my needs better.
    Fuzzy13, ShinySide and travioso like this.
  16. travioso

travioso Well-Known Member

Hey now lol... I hopped to the esteem from the ascend.. Maybe it was all the flashing I did on the ascend but the esteem community and the devs are worth the extra.. Maybe if I just wanted a phone I could root I'd jump ship to the connect, but until there is something with alot of noticeable difference , I don't see myself changing soon.. I got mine for 250 flat.. Think they are just trying to push the connect while they can, then the prices will go down on the esteem again.. Just my two cents.. And yes I know BO is available on the connect.. ;)

And poke you should know that the dinos can be great while they last.. Like the ascend hehe
    Spike15 likes this.
  17. Tokenpoke

The esteem has a two YEAR head start on development.

If you want a root only phone get am attain4g
    Ozzieoh likes this.
  18. Spike15

And why exactly is that sad? I am more likely to benefit from my larger screen when reading emails or texting rather than better processor or RAM.
    esv9591 likes this.
  19. Spike15

Yes, and by keeping my Esteem, I grandfathered into the unlimited 4G plan for $45.
  20. travioso

Yeah.. Forgot about the revo..
  21. Mexjoker

Each person has their own personal choice of what they like. So lets not bash on eachother. Keep it civil, clean, and friendly.
    travioso and Spike15 like this.
  22. Spike15

See below:
  23. Spike15

Well, I don't care how old the specs are as long they fit my needs. Anyway, LG Connect is not even close to being 3 years ahead of Esteem, and once you hook up an extended battery, it is pretty heavy as well.
  24. travioso

Exactly.. It basically comes down to what ever floats your boat.. right now the esteem is floating mine ;)

And don't mean to offend anyone with this comment but the flaming part reminded me of a saying.. Arguing on the internet is like winning the special Olympics.. You may win, but your still ******ed :p :D
    Spike15 likes this.
  25. SecretFlamez

SecretFlamez Well-Known Member

What do you think I should get? Connect or Esteem (I don't matter for screen size) I like to play games , super text , Something fast , Something that won't overheat or won't do it a lot , something to play Temple run , and lastly , have a good price tag (Will the connect be $350 next month , if so , :()