Does this Droid look good to buy?

Last Updated:

1. thatguy750

thatguy750 New Member

I am considering buy this Droid off of ebay
    I have done lots of research and i think this is good, i just want people that know droids better to help me confirm its good to buy, everything looks good to me and it is a top rated seller but there are no returns which worries me. thanks for any help

P.S. i tired to upload pictures but there is a file size limit and the pictures are to big and there are to many of them so here is a link with all the pictures

Auctiva Image Hosting

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

On behalf of the Android Forum Team, I would like to warmly welcome you here!
  3. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Welcome!
  4. twistedlim

twistedlim Well-Known Member

Always hard to tell with ebay. I have had hit an miss success with electronic items, even from 100% sellers. A lot of times they are just resellers and don't really have the time to put the item through its paces. Caveat Emptor. Are you trying to buy one out of your plan? If not, Wallmart, Costco, Amazon etc all have some really good deals on them but you have to re-up your plan. On fleabay if the price is right you can take the chance.
  5. Hypersion

Hypersion New Member

Their is no such thing as no-returns on ebay if you pay with paypal and/or a credit card.
  6. deronee

deronee Member

I wouldn't go for it. If they are unable to verify a ESN number, how would you be able to verify whether you are able to transfer and use the phone you purchased. If needed, ask the seller to provide a ESN number so you can contact VW in order to verify the phone has not been reported stolen.
  7. GideonX

GideonX Guest

Ask the seller for the ESN before you bid. Then call up VZW and have them confirm it is not on their blacklist.

I've had pretty decent success with getting units off ebay. There are a lot of resellers who peddle crap refurbed or damaged goods, but you can usually tell who's selling their own Droid compared to someone who's got a bucket of broken ones.

On another note, take advantage of Bing cashback for 8% back (until 7/30) if you use Buy It Now and Paypal. Every penny counts ;)
  8. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

Isn't the ESN one of the numbers in this image: Auctiva Image Hosting

As far as the actual quality of the phone, it definitely looks well taken care of. Unfortunately no bubbly keyboard.
  9. GideonX

GideonX Guest

Yup, the last one, MEID HEX. Didnt check the above link earlier, just saw the small attached image.

That Droid looks to be in pretty good shape.
  10. nathan312

nathan312 Well-Known Member

Why no picture of the actual screen? I'd have to see that first to make sure no scratches...just me though.
  11. Jeff_T

Jeff_T Member

I'd be curious about seen the front of the phone/screen as well. And like was stated above, def check out the ESN with VZW to make sure it's all good. I've bought 2 phones on eBay, but have found that the best deals seem to be on forum marketplaces. I know when I was looking for a Droid the first place I looked was on forums, and that's where I ended up getting one too. Just a thought.
  12. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

If you look through the gallery he linked there are a bunch of high res pictures of everything, including the screen. The screen does have a protector on it, though.
  13. nathan312

nathan312 Well-Known Member

ah, see...i'm too lazy to actually go to the link, click the pictures, and scroll through them...oh well.
  14. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

Looks pretty lived with. I would buy it.