Does this mean a new ROM is on the way?

Last Updated:

1. drscws

drscws Member This Topic's Starter

Koushik Dutta (clockworkmod) on Twitter

i ran across this over on XDA and looks like clockworkmod is working on a recovery image for the captivate.

EDIT: scroll through some of his post and you will see he is working on captivate

Advertisement
  2. KappaG9

KappaG9 Well-Known Member

Yeah i saw that too, i think the development will pick up after this is released

3. rob989_69

rob989_69 Well-Known Member

4. ewingr

ewingr Well-Known Member

Just read through the thread, and a bunch of people are having a lot of problems doing it.

5. KappaG9

Yeah, few people were getting bricked though. I wouldn't try anything yet until its all tested lol

6. Croak

Croak Well-Known Member

Don't take this the wrong way, but there's an awful lot of newbs trying stuff half-cocked over on XDA (and here), messing around with things they don't understand.

To make matters worse, there's no big support base yet like there is with HTC or Motorola devices, and Samsung's method of doing things is alien to a lot of the devs on XDA.

And to make matters even worse, they're doing this crap, then taking the dead phones back to AT&T and acting dumb. THAT, my friends, is why bootloaders are locked.

So, STOP IT. Unless you're very comfortable with Android, have a basic understanding of Linux, and are willing to man up and eat the cost of the phone you're digitally beating on a rock so the evil spirits come out of it, STOP MESSING AROUND WITH SYSTEM FILES.

Bide your time, the phone is only 4 days on the market, and there will be how-to guides, tools, and a wealth of things to do to make your Captivate better.

7. KappaG9

Well put