• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does this phone running 2.1 have Live Wallpapers?

You do have them, but one of the Google ones (Water) doesn't let you interact with it by pressing on the water - yet it works as designed on replacement homescreens, like Helix Launcher.

All the others appear to work as they should, including the many freely downloadable ones from Market.

Is it me or is the 2.1 home screen incredibly slow and buggy? It also seems to be unprotected from Android's own memory management - so you can find it unloads and has to start up again, repopulating the panels with icons and widgets. That's just silly. Surely that, above all else, should be made to remain loaded at all times!!

Upvote 0
I'm fed up with the default home screen to that point that I uninstalled the laucher.apk altogether and replaced it with slidescreen (previously I used Home++). I hate the laggy movement and stuttering ... it should be smooth like it is on Home++. I sure hope 2.2 brings the smooth transitions and some animation when switching portrait-landscape modes. And what wee need is zooming in when editing words we type because it's a real pain selecting that tiny space between two letters ... I'm always missing it and have to open the physical keyboard and using the d-pad to navigate to where I want.

EDIT: Forget live wallpapers, just make the UI work better.

Reactions: craigcrawford1988
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones