1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Does this phone use a micro SIM?General

1. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

I kinda bummed about the "fixed battery", but I'd hate to have to pass because of the smaller SIM card as well. I'd love to use this on T-Mo as my Motorola Defy is acting up.

Advertisement
    :
  2. kilasix9

kilasix9 Well-Known Member

Yes, this phone uses a micro sim.
  3. shalemail

shalemail Well-Known Member Contributor

So far 21 hours into owning this phone, no complaints. Really like it. You should definitely go check one out. Form factor is spectacular. Battery life seems about the same as my Atrix 4G.
  4. colnago

Roger that...thanks.
  5. colnago

Just read the engadget review:

Motorola Atrix HD review -- Engadget

...they stated that they only got ~5.5hrs on the "rundown test":

AT&T phones compared Motorola Atrix HD Samsung Galaxy S III (SGH-I747) HTC One X (LTE) Quadrant 4,996 5,084 4,784 Vellamo 2,189 2,153 2,259 AnTuTu 6,241 6,713 6,956 SunSpider 0.9.1 (ms) 1,325 1,926 1,453 GLBenchmark Egypt Offscreen (fps) 55 54 56 CF-Bench 9,217 9,439 9,479 Battery life 5:30 9:10 8:55 SunSpider: lower scores are better

The "claimed" talk time is 9hrs...thought the rundown would be longer than what engadget achieved. Could be a bad battery though.
  6. techguy21

techguy21 Member

7. colnago

Yeah, I know about SIM cutters/adapters...thanks. I just didn't feel like dealing with it, esp. if I ultimately wind up returning the phone. Same reasons why I didn't get the N900.
  8. gogators

gogators Active Member

Ur phone should hv come with a micro sim
  9. colnago

Good lookin' out however I started this thread before I purchased the phone this past Friday. Again the concern was the level of effort involved with getting this device working on T-Mo, and back into my at&t branded Note, in the event that WCDMA bands did not work.
  10. TAWM

TAWM Well-Known Member

I had a question along the similar line and didn't want to start a new post. My captivate crapped out and since I couldn't make my mind up on Atrix I got the galaxy S3 because I know my wife wants it. Now that her captivate is crashing I'm leaning on getting the Atrix. But I'll have to get it in her name since I renewed my contract already. The question I have is can I just switch the SIM card when it comes in the mail or after I activate it. Since the battery doesn't come out I wasn't sure if it had a removable SIM. And if I do the SIM swap how hard would it be to transfer my contacts from the S3 to the Atrix and then transfer her contacts from captivate to S3?
  11. colnago

On the AtrixHD, the microSIM has a slot much like a microSD card...its accessible from the side of the phone.
  12. sounreal

sounreal Well-Known Member

your contacts should be in your google accounts contacts. When you get whatever phone you put your google user name and password in phone and your contacts will show up.