• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Does this voodoo experience make sense?

reisb

Android Enthusiast
Oct 18, 2010
So I am on stock deodexed EB01, last week I tried to install SC2.8voodoo. I was getting SOD, so I disabled lagfix, reboot (robot cancelled voodoo), then nand backup to EB01 stock deodexed.

No problem all weekend.

Today, I deleted voodoo folder all together, and reboot phone via menu. I got robot back? Ran quadrant and 1505. So it appears I now have the voodoo kernel running on my stock deodexed EB01.

Is that because I deleted voodoo folder? I assumed my nand backup would've put my old kernel back as well? Oh and on a sidenote, after my nand backup, my startup screen now had "android" showing vertical over the Samsung/Verizon splash screens.

Guess I can just see if SOD appears??

Greetings reisb,

I'm no voodoo expert, but sometimes the voodoo change over can take as long as 25-30 min. I think that you probably had voodoo close to installed or just finished.
Then you disabled it, and returned to your stock setting.

When you disable voodoo, a file is created in the voodoo folder. This file keeps voodoo disabled until removed. You then wiped out the voodoo folder, and voodoo was re-enabled because you deleted the file in the voodoo folder.

Again I'm no expert on this, but I think that's what happened. Perhaps Saps or nitsuj17, can provide a better answer if I'm incorrect.

Happy tinkering

Upvote 0
Oh, it's fine. I actually have the deodexed EB01 with voodoo now. My SOD no longer exists. There was something in SC that was causing my phone to die. Not sure...

My main focus now is checking battery life. It was pretty bad yesterday when all this happened. We'll see what happens today after recharge.

Upvote 0
You need to fully charge, reset battery stats, then totally discharge to get your battery working at the maximum level.

That's what I did yesterday...well, it was at 100% and when I unplugged it immediately dropped to 97%, went into CWR, wiped battery stats, got it down to about 4% last night and recharged.

This morning, very light usage, it was at 100%, unplugged, dropped to 97%, 2h 53m since unplugged, 12m voice calls, 8m display, 12% battery use cell standby, 6% battery use phone idle, and I'm at 88%??? Seems to be draining pretty fast.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones