does using different launcher drain battery quicker?

Last Updated:

1. incrediblenotinstock

incrediblenotinstock Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i have a question. i have recently installed the helix launcher ( until i can figure out how to get launcher pro or adw ) and i chose helix launcher as my default home. will that drain my battery anymore than it usually does?

Advertisement
  2. Isthmus

Isthmus Well-Known Member

To the best of my knowledge, no it should not. However certain hints left running, such as GPS, will.

On a side note. If you like helix launcher, consider looking at LauncherPro Beta. Very similar concept, but FAR better execution.

3. Isthmus

Isthmus Well-Known Member

To the best of my knowledge, no it should not. However certain hints left running, such as GPS, will.

On a side note. If you like helix launcher, consider looking at LauncherPro Beta. Very similar concept, but FAR better execution.

4. incrediblenotinstock

incrediblenotinstock Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

its not on the market right now i guess. and im to stupid to figure out how to download it on the computer and move it to my eris. so I think im just gonna wait till it is back on the market. :)

5. element4life3

element4life3 Active Member

Download Dropbox for you phone from the market place, create an account.
    Download Astro file manager for your phone from the market.
    Download the .APK for ADW or Launcher Pro on your computer (those are links to the direct downloads btw)
    Place it into your Dropbox account from your computer, and it will show up on your phone.
    Use Astro to open up the .APK
    It should now install the Launcher you chose.

Hope that helps! I have never had the battery drain any more or less while using either. :D