Does using unrevoked 3.1 wipe your phone?

Last Updated:

1. phositadc

phositadc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Does using unrevoked 3.1 to root a DInc wipe the phone? I know that with old root methods on other droids (e.g., Droid Eris), that rooting required installing a custom ROM at the same time.

So does unrevoked wipe the phone and install a custom rooted rom? Or if you run revoked 3.1, are you simply left with a rooted phone, that's still running the stock Android Sense 2.1?

Advertisement
  2. windycity

windycity Well-Known Member

Does not wipe by default. You'll get a new recovery and root and the option to install a rom later.

3. phositadc

phositadc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So all it does is add a new recovery and root the phone? Sounds almost too good to be true. Especially for how simple it is.

I think I'll wait for OTA, then root, then install hydra undervolt kernel. Maybe I'll install a custom rom when a fully-functional froyo rom is released.

4. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

It really is that good though! I would just root. Once the real OTA is pushed to all users, unrEVOked will have a root for it really quickly most likely anyway. I would just root now.

5. noahjk

noahjk Active Member

if it didn't work someone would have said something. we've all been waiting for an easier way. it basically pushes all of the files that everyone who did it before unrevoked's root was released, me included, spent 10 minutes to three days accomplishing. it works.

6. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member

It is really a phenomenal tool. I will be donating to the team for sure. Love that they have a Mac tool - painless!

I really want that OTA update but will wait until it's released and do load it appropriately (for rooted phones).

Loving the support of this community.

7. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

You should root now, just to do a full Nand backup, and titanium backup is nice. I use a few roo apps daily but don't need/want a custom rom, until they are working near flawless.