Does Verizon Charge to switch devices? (If you have the device already)

Last Updated:

1. PetiePal

PetiePal Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I love my Droid still...absolutely. Best phone I've ever owned. I didn't really care about the Nexus One but I will admit the Incredible release miffed me a bit since it's just so fast...if the battery life was comparable I could see myself eventually upgrading MAYBE.

I'm not jumping ship anytime soon but I was just curious if I did manage to get a cheap Incredible is it an easy process to switch devices? Do you just bring it in to the store and have them do it? Any fees associated with this?

Like I said I'm sticking with my Droid for a long time just curious what the options are ;)

Advertisement
  2. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

quite easy to switch devices. You can do it on vzw.com or call them.

3. PetiePal

It sucks because I feel really torn both ways...I've only had my Droid since January and it works well just a little sluggish sometimes (even after 2.1 update). I really don't want to root and overclock or anything and I DO use the keyboard sometimes (mostly out of frustrating or D-Pad use to move the cursor lol)

I'm wondering if the more accurate touchscreen on the Incredible would fix that woe.

Good to know though at least I have an option if I can't hold out until the "Droid 2.0" :)

4. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

Where would you get a cheap incedible?

5. icecold

icecold Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't think you will be seeing any price drops for at least a few months. Your best option is usually to wait until you are eligible for an upgrade.

That aside, if you manage to get ahold of an Incredible for a price to your liking, you should be able to activate by calling *228. If that fails, call them at the 1-800 number.

You are able to change your plan at anytime during your contract without any penalties. But since you would be going to the Incredible from a Droid, I would assume you would keep your same plan.

6. PetiePal

I have a friend who works for VZW and a cousin with HTC actually ;P

How about Android market purchases? (I only have maybe 4-5 progs I paid for) do those transfer by account or Device ID?

7. PetiePal

Yep and there are often a ton of deals on the hardware in the following months with or without contracts too. I don't mind paying a little extra for one if I really wanted to get one and the contacts can't get me one

8. icecold

icecold Well-Known Member

I think it is all associated with your Google account, so you should be okay (not 100% sure).

They do have a ton of deals, but they are usually for those at or near the end of their contract, or else incentives for new customers. I just know going through Verizon and changing phones in mid-contract.

Even with all the deals on the Droid, without signing a new contract with Verizon (or some sort of extention) you are looking at $560 for a new one.

9. chippy

chippy Well-Known Member

Yup full retail is like 559.99 so maybe your family could help u out and get a discount.