Does VPN work with Nexus One?

Last Updated:

1. HardHitter

HardHitter Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone,

I had a quick question. Currently I have a BlackBerry Storm and I'm eagerly awaiting the Nexus One and the HTC Incredible to finally switch to Android. I somehow was able to keep myself from not picking up the Droid and to wait for one of these devices, but my question is, is there a way to get VPN to work on our phones?

I work for a Big 4 accoutning firm and from what I've heard, in order to sync to our e-mail accounts, IT has the get your phone and activate it or something of that kind. My question is, is there a way to not have to send the phone into IT?

I would think if there was a way for me to log into VPN from my phone, I should be able to easily just sync up to my outlook for all my e-mail and calendars.

Currently, I have my outlook calandar synced to my google calendar and then use Google Sync to get it on my phone.

Thank you in advance!

Advertisement
  2. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

You can create VPN's on the Nexus - there is a specific APN menu under Settings / Wireless & Networks.

No idea how good it is but the functionality seems to be there for multiple types of VPN's.

3. maq

maq Member

tried it with ptpp works ok .