Does Wi-Fi Calling Use Mins?Support

Last Updated:

1. dpshptl

dpshptl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My understanding was that wi-fi calling does not use your plan mins. But the blue wi-fi calling icon in the top left corner of the screen says "wi-fi calling uses plan mins". Anyone know the real answer?

Advertisement
  2. buckeyedroid

buckeyedroid Well-Known Member

yes it does, when you use wi-fi calling you
    will get a note in the "noticication" bar that says
    "wi-fi calling uses plan minutes"

3. joevans3

joevans3 Member

A Tmobile rep confirmed this on the phone for me, too. However, it was not so clear what happens if you use google voice over a wi-fi connection...

4. EmceeGeek

EmceeGeek Well-Known Member

i know the purpose of wi-fi (uma) calling on the blackberry but i don't understand what its for on the mt4g?

5. fangorious

fangorious Guest

If you get poor reception but have wifi.

Google Voice on Android isn't natively a VOIP app, but it's naturally more complicated than just that. Link

6. famished

famished Well-Known Member

It counts the same as your plan minutes. I also asked if it would count as international minutes if you were outside the US and the customer rep said yes.

7. twn2

twn2 Member

Comes in handy too when you're out of the country. For 2 weeks I was in London and Paris several months ago on business and it's really nice to use it to make calls home and not get charged. Totally free! $0. Also, my home and office get squat for reception, so having wifi calling is a must. Good though because I would have bought the Galaxy S if I didn't need wifi calling.