Does wireless tether work on 2.2?

Last Updated:

1. Knitewulf

Knitewulf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I recently had a power outage and can't get mine to work. Never have been able to on 2.2. I'm running fabs nexfro 1.1

Advertisement
  2. Larkitect

Larkitect Active Member

it works for me with kangerade and the p3 kernel as well as chevy's 2.2 with the default kernel. i'm pretty sure it worked with pete's but i didn't run that rom very long.

install a p3 kernel or one of chevy's and try it.

3. otter

otter Well-Known Member

My laptop doesn't use wireless. If I'm at a hotel that has free wifi, can I use my droid to connect to that and then use the USB tether option to connect to my laptop?!

I've never used wifi on a laptop before....yeah I know.

which p3 kernel are you running? The one I have doesn't have wifi. I'm running Kangerade, 1.0 right now

4. einyv

einyv Well-Known Member

wireless tether works on kangerade 1.0 when i was on it. Using chevy's ULV 1.25 and used the LV 1.1 both worked with wireless tether.

If I'm at a hotel that has free wifi, can I use my droid to connect to that and then use the USB tether option to connect to my laptop?!------YES use Pdanet

5. otter

otter Well-Known Member

Actually I have the option right now w/ the p3 kernel I'm using for USB tether so I could use that instead of having to use Pdanet, right?

6. einyv

einyv Well-Known Member

I would say yes