Does your 3rd part or after market charger freeze or glitch your evo when chargering?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. NinjaStar28

NinjaStar28 Active Member This Topic's Starter

The htc charger is great but i want another charger and im goin 3rd party , the htc charger is for home and the 3rd party is for work ............. Heres the problem i had the HERO b4 i got my EVO, so i bought a 3rd party charger to keep at work ...............and it GLITCHED my phone so bad that i couldnt even unlock the lock screen! ((it was a rapid charger and chargered faster then the main charger did )) so maybe that extra rapid power glitched the system.............anyway it took like 5 to 7 attemps on the lock screen !! and texting was even worst. I know the EVO is made better then the HERO............but does the 3rd party chargers do the same thing to the EVO ???

Advertisement
  2. tracerit

tracerit Well-Known Member

is this only when you're charging correct?

i have the 2 1500mah + external charger (which has a USB port). when i charge it through the USB port it'll totally mess up the touch screen and not register 90% of my touches. only happens when its charging.

i also bought this cheap 99cent microusb wall charger from a daily sale website and it does the same thing, except it oonly charges at like 100ma lol so it's worthless.

3. L8AGIN

L8AGIN Well-Known Member

My htc charger that came with the phone causes my evo problems when charging. If i push the power button to lock it and push the power button again, it usually returns to normal.

4. jaustin

jaustin Member

yea i have this issue too. some after marjet ones are working for me though.

5. NinjaStar28

see thats not good for a charger to do that , that power supply is to much or to little and can burn out ur curcuits ....... so with that said ima just get a htc brand or order a black berry charger instead

6. NinjaStar28

see thats not good for a charger to do that , that power supply is to much or to little and can burn out ur curcuits ....... so with that said ima just get a htc brand or order a black berry charger instead

7. NinjaStar28

see thats not good for a charger to do that , that power supply is to much or to little and can burn out ur curcuits ....... so with that said ima just get another htc brand or order a black berry charger instead

8. NinjaStar28

is MARJET the brand name ??

9. jaustin

jaustin Member

I'm using a motorola charger and getting those issues .

10. tagta3

tagta3 Well-Known Member

It will not burn out anything. As long as the voltage is the same, the phone will draw whatever current it needs. The charging regulators are built-into the phone and they dictate the current draw. Only if you bought a charger that supplied higher voltage could you burn something.

11. NinjaStar28

Let me tell i i HATE motorola , almost every moto device i ever had SUCKS . my most recent is my verizon FIOS box , love fios but the dam box KEEps glitching and freezing ........dont know how i didnt throw it out the window yet!! so the charger might catch fire so beware!!

12. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

had the issue with a duracell branded rapid charger. took it back.

read a thread about it a while back ... something about voltage this and that being too high

13. docprego

docprego Well-Known Member

I experience this with the charger that came with my dock that I got on eBay, When I plug the same dock into my HTC charger that came with the phone the problem completely vanishes.