Does your Atrix 4g lag?

Last Updated:

1. ColeWilliamz

ColeWilliamz Member

Ive never had an Android phone. And the Atrix has caught my eye. The only thing keeping me from buying it is from what I hear about Motoblur and how it lags. Its either this or the Inspire. The small battery on the Inspire is leading me away from it. What phone should I get? Is the Atrix noticeably faster? Does it lag? How has your experience with these phones been?

2. projekt1

projekt1 Active Member

First time Android user but as far as the MB lagging well I don't even notice it. I cant compare it to another Android device since I'm coming from a iPhone 3gs. I haven't noticed any lag thats is noticeable (obviously) much less unbearable.

I'm on my 4th complete battery cycle now and its going on 25 hours since the last charge. That's including about 2hrs of browsing and messing with settings and apps including using WiFi, GPS and BT. So the battery does seem to last a good while as long as you cycle it. I will say it takes about 2hr to 2hrs and 15 minutes for a complete charge but its a big battery and it does last.

Just today I played with the tethering w/o a tether plan and it works great. I also did the Side Loading Machine and that works like a charm as well..

I still have a lot to learn and less than 25 days to do it in since I still haven't decided whether or not to keep it.

Good luck on your decision.
  3. redsox21

redsox21 Member

No, i had a the Captivate (rooted and running Axura rom with lagfix), thought that was pretty did have some lag but not much. This phone has not lagged at all! Literally loads some webpages faster than my laptop. It is very smooth and motoblur runs great on this hardware.
  4. nemesiz

nemesiz Well-Known Member

Is the Ferrari Enzo slow?
  5. Droid_Genius

Droid_Genius Well-Known Member

Mines is rooted and I been gettin lag lately and I guess its from live wallpaper and widgets although I figured this phone could handle it easy
  6. Tennis

Tennis Well-Known Member

Is the lotus exige s slow?
  7. Tennis

Tennis Well-Known Member

Is the Ariel atom v8 slow?
  8. sabesh

sabesh Well-Known Member

No lag here. It's like Greased Lightning!
  9. mgymnop

mgymnop Well-Known Member

This is my 5th Android phone and in general it's very fast. It has some lag once in a while especially after a reboot or if it synchronizes something but nothing to worry about. Blur is not hardware accelerated so sometimes it lags a bit but I had on all my other phones bigger lag issues. I had the MT3G, Nexus One, MT4G and the Nexus S.
  10. Czarcat

Czarcat Well-Known Member

I use Launcher Pro and I have no lag at all.
  11. Evil.Bonsai

Evil.Bonsai Well-Known Member

No lag here
  12. saigon

saigon Well-Known Member

Never a bit of lag on mine.
  13. stizzi

stizzi Member

No lag at all...
  14. ethanchu

ethanchu Member

if it doesn't have "lag", im pretty sure based on videos that it has sort of a slight "hesitation" or "roughness" while scrolling through homescreens.
  15. Droid_Genius

Droid_Genius Well-Known Member

Yea mines seemed to lag when I rooted it but then I didnt unrooted an it works better
  16. toyssan1

toyssan1 Active Member

LAG LAG LAG, even worse than my 74mm turbo.
  17. Rockinfigs

Rockinfigs Well-Known Member

lag even with launcher pro..had two atrix...thought first one was bad..second one was same..i switched to lag at all
  18. Czarcat

Czarcat Well-Known Member

I think that is just the speed Moto chose for Motoblur. I don't think that is lag. It's probably related to how they dynamically change the navigation bar as you are changing screens.

I use Launcher Pro and the screen transition is very fast. It has no delay or hesitation. It's as fast as my HTC Inspire which is very fast.
  19. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Yup...mine has the lag disease! Especially when typing. Im a pretty avid Android user, and have been through alot of phones in the last 2 years....this one takes the cake as far as having the most lag. Web pages also do not load right away...Even going on These forums with the phone is pretty slow. I'll do an exchange and give it a try on one more. Hopefully this one is just a lemon.