• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Does your Bluetooth headset auto-connect to your Optimus?

oncesir

Nov 23, 2010
Wow, what a frustrating issue this has been with my Optimus. Sometimes it auto-connects, other times I have to restart the phone in order for it to even recognize the already "paired" headset. Turning bluetooth on/off sometimes seems to work as well. 4 different headsets and all of them do the same thing.:mad::mad: My old slow crappy BB Curve is suddenly looking appealing again, lol.

I have the Optimus T and the answer is "no." The Optimus does bluetooth better than my previous two Androids (Vibrant, myTouch Slide), but isn't even close to any of my Blackberry phones. Heck, my ancient 8100 did bluetooth better than any Android phone I've had. I have the same problems you describe. Sometimes I get in my car and try to make a call and end up sitting there for 5 minutes restarting the headset and turning bluetooth on and off just to get it to connect. Very frustrating.

Upvote 0
My DroidX was working with my Plantronics Voyager Pro just fine for the three months or so that I've had it. But starting a few days ago, it is doing this "connected not paired" thing that you are describing. I tap to connect and it hangs for awhile, and does nothing. If I simply power off/on the phone, it connects fine - so I know it's probably not the Plantronics at fault.

Upvote 0
My DroidX was working with my Plantronics Voyager Pro just fine for the three months or so that I've had it. But starting a few days ago, it is doing this "connected not paired" thing that you are describing. I tap to connect and it hangs for awhile, and does nothing. If I simply power off/on the phone, it connects fine - so I know it's probably not the Plantronics at fault.

This is pretty much EXACTLY what mine does. Sometimes bluetooth wont turn on at all. Its done this since I got the phone.

My main reason for posting this is due to the fact that Sprint is getting me a new phone to solve this bluetooth issue. The rep said that he's had no bluetooth issues with the optimus. Regardless, I'm not expecting much with the "new" LG I will be getting.

I did reactivate my old BB today. Im appreciating that phone more and more considering that it does all the things I ask it to do without fail. Android needs to get this BT issue solved. Try googling it, you'll get lots of ppl with auto-connect issues just like ours. IMHO its pathetic.

Upvote 0
I picked up my new Optimus S from the Sprint store yesterday. So far the bluetooth works beautifully. It auto-connects just like it should without fail......knocking on wood. Anyone having issues make sure you let Sprint know. Im happy.

BTW activating my old BB made me realize just how nice this little phone is. I wont knock it anymore considering how clunky my old BB works.

Upvote 0
Mine works great. I got 3 BT connections set up on the phone.

Go download something like quicksettings. If your S doesnt connect immediately then go to quicksettings, bluetooth, and there you can force it to connect. I have to do this sometimes when I turn my car on and BT was off on the phone. I want to connect it to the Kenwood receiver.

Upvote 0
I NEVER turn bluetooth off and I havent had a problem at all since the new phone. Shockingly, with GPS, bluetooth and Wifi always on I get 1 day (12-15 hours) on a single charge.

Now that Ive had a few days to experience this phone I will say that the previous "S" that I had had a few issues other than just bluetooth. I didnt reuse my SD card from the other phone. I bought an 8gb card and installed it immediately after receiving the new phone. So far so good.

Now I need to figure out how to keep the internal phone memory up to reduce the lag the other phone had.

Upvote 0
I have the exact same problem as Oncesir. I keep bluetooth on all the time. It is always "paired" with my Prius but only connects once in a while. I have to go to settings and turn bluetooth off then on...very frustrating. I had "disconnecting" problem with my last phone but the first two bt phones I had worked perfectly. I can't help but think there has to be fix!

Upvote 0
I have the exact same problem as Oncesir. I keep bluetooth on all the time. It is always "paired" with my Prius but only connects once in a while. I have to go to settings and turn bluetooth off then on...very frustrating. I had "disconnecting" problem with my last phone but the first two bt phones I had worked perfectly. I can't help but think there has to be fix!

Same here, it seems to connect to my car every morning when I get into it to goto work, but needs me to force it to connect in the afternoon on the way home.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones