Does your brightness automatically lower itself when battery is low, even w/power saving mode off?Support

Last Updated:

1. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Curious if any of the captivate owners are experiencing this. If you set your brightness to max, and turn off power saving mode. Have you noticed, when your battery starts to get really low, the phone ignores your max brightness setting, and reverts to a lower brightness?

Anyone experiencing this?

Advertisement
  2. peachpuff

peachpuff Well-Known Member

I noticed the same thing, happens when there's around 15% battery left.

SamsungVibrant likes this.
  3. SamsungVibrant

Thank you, finally someone to confirm this, thanks. Was thinking it was just my phone.

4. The Shape

The Shape Well-Known Member

Mine does this too.

SamsungVibrant likes this.
  5. getDange

getDange Well-Known Member

Yours must be all broken. Mine does not do it. OK JK it does :)

6. jabooh1

jabooh1 Well-Known Member

Yes.

7. XTheEnthusiastX

XTheEnthusiastX Active Member

Yeah mine too...I believe this feature is implemented in all the Galaxy S phones (and a GREAT one at that :) ). The one thing I notice when the battery is less than 15% is how EFFICIENT the phone becomes at saving battery. I usually keep the brightness at around 50% normally but when my phone's battery is low and it switches into "battery saving mode", the last 10% of battery lasts like 3x longer than say from 90 to 80% without losing much performance. How is this possible? And is their a way I can switch to this mode when my battery is charged normally?

8. 3gAndroid

3gAndroid Well-Known Member

Yes mine belongs to this club... :)

It's just one more nice feature of Eclair. The more I use my Captivate the better I like it.

In many ways, I think too many if us (myself included) get so wrapped up seeking "the latest" it's far too easy to overlook all the features & benefits of the OS we are using. I know having become aware of my own hyper focus on the future, I've made a conscience decision to optimize the Captivate I have with it's existing OS v2.1.

Now that I'm about halfway thru the project, I've got an entirely new plan going forward. It's based on the fact that I'm very pleased and rather surprised at just how well this setup meets my needs. Therefore instead of being amongst the first to upgrade to Froyo, I'm going to use the phone as it is.

Once new handsets are released with Gingerbread, then I will purchase a new phone.

9. SamsungVibrant

Are you sure this is a feature of eclair? My HTC android 2.1 eclair phone does not do this.

10. Jack45

Jack45 Well-Known Member

Happened to me about a week ago. I didn't know whether to be concerned that it was a glitch or pleased with a then unknown feature. Searched for "15%" in the forum, and when I couldn't find it I decided (hoped) that it was a feature.