Does your captivate get really hot while charging??

Last Updated:

1. Djidea

Djidea Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This has happened to me on three occasions so far. I'm using the charger and cable it came with. This morning I woke up to grab my captivate and it was really hot! The first few times it happened was concerning and maybe I thought the screen didn't timeout, but this time when I picked it up I noticed the screen wasn't on and the phone was blazing hot and it wasn't even at 100%. The other times I would turn it off and let it cool down and by the end of the day would put it back on the charger and it would be fine till another couple of days then it would do it again. It just started two weeks ago and now in thinking of exchanging it for another. Has Anyone else had this problem? Should I return it? I don't think a phone should be this hot while charging. I can understand a little warm but not HOT.

Advertisement
  2. Tasmin

Tasmin Well-Known Member

Mine gets warm while charging, or if I leave it shoved in my pocket while I'm listening to MP3s for an extended period, but it's also in a body glove case. I don't suppose you've noticed a new program that might be running continuously instead of going into limbo like it's supposed to? Regardless, if I couldn't figure out the reason, I'd take it back sooner rather than later.

3. getDange

getDange Well-Known Member

agree with first reply, you probably have some CPU intensive app running in the background. That coupled with the battery 'normally' heating up while charging causes a significant phone temp increase.

4. blackhemi

blackhemi Well-Known Member

i dont think ive ever seen mine go over 104 degrees, never feels warm, even while charging.

5. CLRana9017

CLRana9017 Active Member

My first Captivate overheated a lot. My second one is cool.

6. Djidea

Djidea Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have advanced task killer pro and I have it set to kill apps when screen goes off. Only a few programs stay running. I'm gonna auto kill a few others to see what happens and monitor it for the next few days to a week. I'm still within my 30 days. If it happens again I will go get an exchange unit. But man this thing was abnormally hot. Not even warm... it was hot. So ill see what happens.

7. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

I haven't notice it getting hot. My car charger is pretty hot when charging.