Does your Evo do this when docked?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. TheSystem

TheSystem Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Owners of these two car mounts.

*Seidio InnoTraveler car kit
    *HTC Car upgrade Kit

I am currently investigating a minor issue that i have found in HTC Sense. It seems that whenever i dock my Evo into my HTC car kit. I am able to view the dialer and music player in landscape mode, only when docked. But as you can see.. It appears that this a bug.

I am not rooted
    Firmware version: 3.29.651.5

Earlier today, i had one of my first in-call conversations with HTC, regarding this issue. They have assured me that they are looking to into is.

Music player - Album art and background image is not displayed.
    [​IMG]

Dialer - Contacts are overlaying the Sense UI.
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. archercc

archercc Well-Known Member

Im a little confused. So you are saying that you want to be able to view in landscape mode while not docked? Or are you saying that when its docked something is broken.

I can kind of see why they kept the phone-ish functions in portrait mode and the obvious reason why they allowed it to go landscape when docked. It must be a root function of sense because I am on Google's car panel and it also lets me view them in landscape when docked.

Edit: I also added a link to Calendar/Clock/etc (you can add buttons in the most recent google car panel) and everything would allow it to appear in landscape when docked. It must be a very deliberate thing by HTC.

3. TheSystem

TheSystem Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am saying that the two issues that i have pointed out only occurs when docked. Something triggered for those applications to go into landscape mode, which they shouldn't at all. My only interest is finding out why it is capable of doing so.

HTC has conformed that it should not work in landscape mode. Which makes sense. HTC did not intensionally develop a lot of their Sense applications/UI to work in landscape mode. But for some reason my Evo can, when docked.

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

This is true..it is one of the "features" of car panel and the htc dock