Does your Hero do this?

Last Updated:

1. Andy Roid

Andy Roid New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all ......my first post on the forum nice to read you all .........

Interesting thing....... I have had the Hero for a couple of weeks but I am not that impressed with the signal strength.

I have noticed one thing though .... I can have, say one or two bars showing and then I dial the speaking clock or whatever if i watch the bars they will usually start increasing up to full signal sometimes, sometimes after I have stopped the call they can increase for a short time. A few seconds after I have ended the call they revert back to one or two bars.

Does anyone elses Hero do this?

Advertisement
  2. lgrulz

lgrulz New Member

When the phone is idle the bars are reading your evdo signal for data, when you make a call it changes to rx signal for phone calls which is usually a stronger signal. Correct me if I'm wrong...:rolleyes:

3. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

You're absolutely correct :)

4. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

You're assuming he has a Sprint Hero, but unless he is just bad with time, he wouldnt have had a CDMA Hero for "weeks". Im betting its the GSM counterpart. Better known as "the one with the chin", or the original. Seeing as how the earliest you could buy one was the 9th.

Again, this is purely speculation on my part.

5. lgrulz

lgrulz New Member

Very true I was assuming that he was with sprint:rolleyes: If I remember right when I was with at&t they had two seperate connections too, not sure if tmo is the same...

6. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

Im sure you are right. They have the option of turning off 3G and keeping it on Edge. The answer would probably still be the same just swap radio types.