Does your Hero lag?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mbell75, Feb 4, 2010.

1. mbell75

Jan 16, 2010
    SoCal
    Do you have any video of it lagging? Mine really doesnt. Made a video to show what I mean when I have said I have zero lag on my dialer, keyboard, browser, google maps...Like I say in the video, my phone REALLY slowed down and lagged like hell when I went to the mountains last weekend and had no EVDO or 3G. At home, I have great coverage and my phone works perfectly IMO. Here ya go

http://vimeo.com/9286699

Advertisement
  2. looneylu

looneylu Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Student
    Providence, RI
    No lagging here since flashing fresh1.1 with custom gumbo and setcpu!

3. mbell75

Jan 16, 2010
    SoCal
    Mine is stock. Did yours lag when it was stock?

4. looneylu

Jan 5, 2010
    Student
    Providence, RI
    I often had to let the keyboard and dialer catch up to me if I was running multiple apps. Also, if I so happened to be listening to music through my bluetooth headset, and a call came in, more often than not, I would miss the call before the phone let me answer, not to mention that while using bluetooth I couldn't really do much else. Not anymore though. On top of that, I always have close to 60mb of ram now. Big difference for me. :D

5. looneylu

Jan 5, 2010
    Student
    Providence, RI
    I guess rooting is more for people who want to use their phones for more than just phones!

6. g0tr00t

g0tr00t Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Stock ROM yes I lagged a lot and missed A LOT of phone calls. Then rooted (see Sig) then did the MSL trick and this thing rocks!

7. acp

acp Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    the lag I experience related to the dialer is simply when I wake the phone up after it's been sleeping for a while. if the phone is already awake or just went to sleep, the dialer opens with no lag.

8. flammenwurfer

flammenwurfer Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    When I was still stock I got some lag scrolling large lists, swiping between home screens, typing... Not horrible lag, but noticeable.

Now I have Fresh 1.1 and Gumbo's kernel and I have virtually no lag.

9. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Search for Brains
    Raccoon City
    I had a single application (Absolute Fitness) that lags when typing. But never experienced anything else lag. Mine is stock and fast.

No dust or poop under the screen either.

10. mbell75

Jan 16, 2010
    SoCal
    Updated the original post with my new video. First 2 minutes address the speed issues.

Tags: