Does your Incredible live up to the hype?General

Does your Incredible live up to the hype?

1. Yes

150 vote(s)
    91.5%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    8.5%

Last Updated:

1. buff12db

buff12db Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The question is easy. Does your Incredible live up to the hype?

I personally have an Eris, and I'd like to hear what you Incredible owners think of your new phones.

If your answer is no, please explain. What did you expect? How has the device fallen short of your expectations?

Advertisement
  2. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

**** yea its gnarley

3. phobic

phobic Well-Known Member

Some things are hit or miss for me. If I could somehow merge parts of the Moto Droid (and not the keyboard -- no thanks) with the HTC incredible, I'd have the perfect phone.

4. FlyPenFly

FlyPenFly Well-Known Member

Only phone I've ever used that's made me think about switching from the iPhone permanently.

I'm still getting the new iPhone in June but that is the beauty of Google Voice, multiple phones, 1 number.

5. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Active Member

The best phone I have ever used. My Eris is now a paper weight.

6. Jim Chapman

Jim Chapman Well-Known Member

By definition nothing can live up to hype. "Hype", by definitioin, is exaggerated promotion (sez Dictionary.com). If reality lives up to it, then it is not exaggerated, therefore not hype. QED

7. buff12db

Thanks for that. I guess I should say, "does the Incredible live up to your expectations?"

8. Berner

Berner Well-Known Member

What hype exactly? There was virtually no pre-release promotion, there's been essentially no advertising, and there's very modest media interest.

9. Stoli

Stoli Member

Came from the Eris. The incredible is everything I expected.

10. ukpylot

ukpylot Member

I didn't think there really was that much hype for this phone, and what there was can't have been more than 5% of that for the iPhone 4. I ditched my iPhone for this (even paid an ETF) and am very happy so far. I'm missing some of the apps I liked but the phone kicks my old 3G iPhone to the trash.

11. MisterMixelpix

MisterMixelpix Well-Known Member

It's the best phone I've ever used. My first smartphone, and that's because it's the first that was good enough to make me spring the cash for a data plan.

Additionally, it's the first phone that made me hop online just to talk about it.

12. buff12db

I suppose I mean the hype on these forums. People have been talking on here for some time about how they can't wait for the Incredible to come out and how it is supposed to far out perform any Sense UI device up to this point.

Phandroid has also been talking about the specs and performance of this phone for a while now I believe.

13. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

No - it lives up to my expectations, which is exactly what I wanted it to do.

14. tonytownsend

tonytownsend Well-Known Member

Phones signal sucks returning it.

15. TheGoatLantern

TheGoatLantern Well-Known Member

Even moreso than I expected...

16. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

Briefly used my wife's iPhone last night and it was making me mad it was so slow.

17. xb_toaster

xb_toaster Active Member

Coming from the eris this phone has exceeded my expectations! I loved the eris but I hated the lag!! THat was my only complaint about the eris. I've download tons of apps and done alot of multi-tasking and I still have yet to experience any lag!! Unlike some people on here I don't experience any signal problems. The eris had some bad signal problems by dropping 3g but nothing like that from the incredible!!

18. Kyreba

Kyreba Active Member

Yup what he said!

19. buff12db

Well, the vast majority of people in the poll seem to be happy with their phone. I think the Incredible has a far greater percentage of people that are happy with their phone than the Eris.

20. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

I don't think it was hyped enough... this phone does everything as far as today standards go for smart-phones. There isn't a phone on the market today that i would rather have.

21. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

This post wins

22. buff12db

Yet the Official HTC Incredible thread on here has over 2.6 million views, and the Incredible is completely sold out until May 14. Somebody at Verizon was doing something right.

23. TheGoatLantern

TheGoatLantern Well-Known Member

I totally agree with that statement. It makes me wonder why this phone was never shown at any of the trade events, this phone may have been VZW's first real attempt at a viral marketing campaign. Very grassroots and in one feel swoop it stole the N1's thunder and roster spot at VZW

24. Max Johnson

Max Johnson Well-Known Member

I love this phone. That being said, coming from a BB, I am amazed at how poorly some things are executed on Android that have such obvious improvements. I like being able to customize everything but I shouldn't have to. Certain things here and there are just done poorly.

The battery issue is totally unacceptable. I've been pretty good with the task killer and the first few charging cycles helped a lot. I think I charged it 4 hours the first night to get it to full power and it only took 5 hours to drain it. My first day back to work after about 5 full to empty charge cycles I ran out of battery before the 8 hour work day ended. That was playing with it for an hour in the am and a half hour at lunch and then a minute here minute there during the day. That's also leaving the gps off. Totally unacceptable. I never use a car charger on a battery if I don't have to because I was told they burn the batteries out but I'm going to have to leave this thing on the car charger for half the day just to be able to fully enjoy my new toy.

Those gripes aside, I really do love the thing and would do it again in a heartbeat and probably convinced 5 others to buy one without trying although if the extended battery isn't a hit, I'm going to tell them not to bother. I was going to buy a 2nd battery anyway so I don't have to use the car charger in the winter during extended work shifts so I don't mind the $$$ as long as there is a significant improvement.

EDIT: Also I don't think I use one single feature from Sense unless the pinch to zoom wagonwheel is sense. I like that. We should be able to delete all the unneeded sense apps. Has to help something. I see stuff like City ID on there when I'm task killing and I never even used it.

25. mhtrang

mhtrang Well-Known Member

First post on here. Just wanted to say that this phone totally exceeds my expectations. I held out for this phone, even though I could have upgraded last November. That being said, there are a couple things that I don't like, but maybe it's cuz I haven't had an android phone before (I was coming from a Moto Q and Palm 700w w/o data package). Is there a way for the phone to sync with Google contacts? Each person has a separate entry from outlook and Google. I linked the two together, but when I edit, it asks me which one I want to edit.