1. Yes

103 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. No

86 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

Without a case, when you pick up your phone, or press it on the right side, does it squeak?

Edit: Solution! Credit to DocHolliday.

Cut a business card to your liking and place it on top of the battery. Then put the cover back on. Sure enough, squeaking is gone!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Wiggin21

Wiggin21 Well-Known Member

Most certainly does :(
  3. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

Same for me. :( This phone has such awesome specs...why does it have to have horrible build quality?
  4. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Go Go Gadget Flow! VIP Member

Mine didn't when I first got it but after sending my Seidio back and putting the stock battery back in, it does squeak now. Kinda annoying...
  5. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

squeak like a mouse, an old mattress? I voted no cause no noise comes out of my phone when I do these things to it... What is causing it?
  6. GrandMasterB

Its more like a creak than a squeak :D
  7. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

Yup. If enough people honestly say they don't have it, I might take mine back...but then again I spent so much time getting into recovery for root. lol
  8. Ruben

Ruben Well-Known Member

With a non OEM battery did you not have a squeak?
  9. Zenze

Zenze Well-Known Member

I voted 'yes' but thats not really accurate. When I press on the battery cover on the right side it pushes in slightly. However it doesn't make a noise so I actually wouldn't say that it squeaks.

Overall not a very significant issue for me though.
  10. GrandMasterB

I didn't have it before I used the Seidio. My Seidio battery was obnoxiously tight, in fact when I first got it I decided it didn't fit but after 2-3 tries I got it to pop into place.
  11. VegasOnAcid

VegasOnAcid Well-Known Member

Not many votes yet.. But I am surprised 6 yes and we have never seen a thread about this before. I have stock battery and I am like pushing really hard on the sides trying to do everything to get some weird noise to come out of it.. nothing.
    Was really shocked you said this had a bad build quality too.. This has to be one of the more solid phones I have ever owned.. I don't feel like I have to baby the hell out of it just so something does not break (Looking at you Pre Plus).
  12. jratzo

jratzo Well-Known Member

There has been a thread on this... well maybe not a thread but I've read it on this forum before
  13. Sek0n

Sek0n Well-Known Member

Pushed hard on the sides, back, etc. and tried every thing I could think of to get some type of noise out of it like what you describe. Got nothing.

So voted no here.
  14. jj3699

jj3699 Well-Known Member

+1 that is the exact same thing I am experiencing
  15. Taylored

Taylored Well-Known Member

Mine squeeks with the oem battery... But I do not use it much, and it is not a big deal. Annoying, but not the end of the world.
  16. It seems that HTC build quality is lacking, compared to Motorola. they need to take some pointers and make their phones sturdier IMO
  17. dan409

dan409 Well-Known Member

Yes mine makes noises if I push in on the sides of the back cover. I think because the back cover is so flimsy and flexible, that is the reason why it creeks. Not a problem at all for me as I am using a VZW black hardshell case.
    I also noticed that under normal handling, there is no problem at all with it creeking. I really have to squeeze pretty hard for it to make any noise.

Other than the back cover, this thing is built like a tank ! The tradeoff is worth it to me to have such a slim phone.
  18. ucluglee

ucluglee Member

No squeak here. I even took the battery out and put it back in and put the battery cover back on just to be sure. No squeak.
  19. xkingofgodzx

xkingofgodzx Well-Known Member

Nope not mine:)
  20. Trooper

Trooper Well-Known Member

Yes it does. Both with the stock battery and the new extended battery and battery door.
  21. AHanks12

AHanks12 Well-Known Member

22. 34.50

34.50 Well-Known Member

Nope no squeak or creak house when I squeeze on the side

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
  23. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Well-Known Member

No squeakiness here.
  24. civicsisedan

civicsisedan Well-Known Member

Nope not here..

But if I rub the screen on my belly it does squeak.. You should try it!
  25. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Active Member

Mine did and I seem to have found a simple fix. Take a business card and cut it in half. Place over the battery and put the back cover back on. Phone stops creaking and even feels more solid. Mine wasn't that bad, but enough to annoy me.
    ShiftLft and Ruben like this.