Does your LED lights shine onto the screen like this?

Last Updated:

1. joneee

joneee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

SO I got my second Droid and it's having this problem down here. The LED from the buttons at the bottom is shining onto the screen! But only the left side of the phone does this. Does yours do this too? Bugs the living out of me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do you see what I mean? The girl at the Verizon store kept trying to tell me that there's nothing there and told me there's nothing they can do for me. Stupid Cerritos Town Center Verizon. Never going back there.

Advertisement
  2. Random-ized

Random-ized New Member

Some people have had their phone exchanged due to this

3. shademar

shademar Well-Known Member

Mine does. It bugs the hell out of me. I went by Verizon and they gave me some "we'll email tech support and see if it's a known issue and call/email you back" line. They never called or emailed, so it was pretty clearly a blowoff. I'm still debating if it bothers me enough to go back...otherwise I absolutely love this phone.

4. addyct

addyct Active Member

Take it back where you bought it and get a new one, dont take any excuses. it is a known issue and they need to replace phones with this problem.

5. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

At that angle you definitely shouldn't be seeing any of the lighting from the capacitive buttons. When you tilt it enough then you will see it and that is normal but yours seems to be defective and I would get a replacement.

6. craighwk

craighwk Well-Known Member

Yah I can only see the lights if I tilt the phone at an angle. Normal viewing appears to be fine.

7. Savio

Savio Member

+1

8. neumannator

neumannator Well-Known Member

get a new one

9. ViciousDelicious

ViciousDelicious Member

This.

I would do all I can to get a new one. Seems like it would bug the living crap out of me :)

10. dougs1219

dougs1219 Member

Mine does the same thing, but only when I tilt it toward me. I would've never noticed it if I didn't read this. If I tilt it enough, I can see it leaking light on both sides. I don't think its an issue though...

11. sho95

sho95 Well-Known Member

That is not acceptable. Go to another store and if they wont help you just call 611 they seem to help me out more that stores do.

12. drudometkin

drudometkin Well-Known Member

My g/f's droid is like this and mine is not. She isn't as picky as we are though and probably doesn't notice it. But I noticed it right away. I'm not about to mention it to her either since only if I say something will it become a proble

13. joneee

joneee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks I'm gonna try to get it replaced.

Tip - If you're ever in the Cerritos, CA area, DO NOT go to the Verizon store in Cerritos Towne Center. They have the worst customer service I've seen by far. Trust me, drive the extra mile and go someplace else.

14. shademar

shademar Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't mind seeing the light symmetrically when I tilt the phone...it's seeing it asymmetrically (seeping through the right side in my case) even at a dead-on viewing angle that bothers me. The reps in the store tried to downplay it and looked at the screen only in bright light, when the effect is barely apparent. They were supposed to email me more technical info, but did not...

I guess I should just walk in and ask what I need to do to return/exchange it? Left to them, it seems that they'll tell me they need to find out whether it's a qualified/known technical issue, in which case it's "covered" in their exchange policy. But I'm pretty sure I can still take the phone back for *any* reason, so maybe I just need to do that and go repurchase after the firmware update.

Verizon fail! :mad: