Does your screen come on when you get a new notification?Support

Last Updated:

1. jjphoto

jjphoto Member This Topic's Starter

Mine just vibrates, stays dark, and the LED blinks... which means I have to either hit the button or open the slider to put in my pattern to see the notification.

Shouldn't it light up for a moment so you can see what the notification is?

Advertisement
  2. duratime

duratime Well-Known Member

Mine doesn't. Handcent I think can be configured to do it for text messages. I actually like the screen off. I have the volume set low, and when I sleep, I don't want that screen to light up my room.

3. jjphoto

jjphoto Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'm just used to my Pre... it would flash for just a couple seconds so you could unlock it if you wished.

4. duratime

duratime Well-Known Member

I had a Pre, there was a lot of cool things on it. Can you image how much better it would have been if it had a processor like these phones. There might be an app for what your looking to do. I'm almost certain Handcent has a quick reply pop up that will light it up, but that doesn't take care of the numerous other notifications.

5. Puddin422

Puddin422 Well-Known Member

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I wanted it to, so I dl'd Handcent since people said you could tell it to do this. I did it, and it was still hit or miss. I prefer teh stock texting program, so I quit using it since it didn't do what I wanted it to do.

6. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned

No I only get my tone and a blinking red led.

7. leftkidney

leftkidney Banned

it used to but after the latest update it stopped doing that - or maybe its something I installed not sure