Does your screen wiggle ever so slightly?Support

Last Updated:

1. ItsHip2BSquare

ItsHip2BSquare Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all,

I was playing around with my phone today and the screen seems to be a little wiggly at the top. If I put my thumb on the Motorola logo and slide to the right a little, the screen clicks back and forth (I'm assuming in and out of the "locked in" position). I approached Verizon about this already (in store) and didn't make it to a tech rep or even signed in for that matter. They dismissed me and said it was normal.

I am now on my 39 day with the phone and am still trying to get this issue resolved (I called Verizon instead of going into the store and the rep noted the account and wanted me to go back into the store tomorrow).

So..... is this normal (and I'm just paranoid something might be wrong with my precious Droid) or is this an issue?

I'm anxious to hear what you other Droid users have to say!

Advertisement
  2. Arsonman

Arsonman Well-Known Member

Mine has done that from day one. I pass it off as the screen unlocking itself. I do not see it as a problem.

3. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member

This is actually a big issue with the Droid. The hinge, in fact, should not be loose. Pressing on the screen in ALL four corners should not make a clicking noise or move down inside. This means that the Droid's hinge has loosened and you should get this exchanged. However, the problem is that most Verizon Techs are in fact NOT experienced with this problem and most will either deny that it actually occurs or say that it is "normal". However, in my case, it became loose in a matter of less than one week. By week 2, it was opening itself in my jeans WAY too frequently. I decided to take affirmative action by calling Verizon and explaining my situation. They told me to bring it into a store. I decided that I did not want to do this and just kept the phone, until a new problem arose. Then my restarting occurred. I promptly called Verizon and they agreed to replace my phone. What I suggest is that you find another problem to couple it with. If worst comes to worst, the good old "phone is restarting" works. However, try to refrain from doing the latter because it ruins the chances for the people who really have restarting phones.