Doesn't the vibrant's screen take too much battery?

Last Updated:

1. shaahinjjj

shaahinjjj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,
    I have been monitoring my battery consumption for a while now and noticed that on minimum brightness, with screen timeout set on 15 secs, always 50% to 80% of my battery is being used by the screen! I was wondering if anyone else is getting a similar battery consumption?

Advertisement
  2. GalaxyS_Superphone112

GalaxyS_Superphone112 Well-Known Member

Mine says that now (80%) but I've been using it for about a half hour while its on the charger. is it saying that when your phone hasn't been messed with for a while?

3. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Yes, the screen will always be the biggest battery drainer unless you are doing a lot of streaming with the screen off.

4. Zino_BeholdII

Zino_BeholdII Active Member

Do I charge my phone without turning the phone on or turning it on while charing ?

5. shaahinjjj

shaahinjjj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well no, the phone is always getting messed with. I find the screen is too much of a battery drainer compared to any other phone with not a superamoled screen.

6. DroidDavi

DroidDavi Well-Known Member

7. Arcadia

Arcadia Well-Known Member

All I know is that the screen is still incredibly bright even on the lowest setting.

8. DroidDavi

DroidDavi Well-Known Member

i came from a g1 so believe me i see the difference in the screen i still get great battery life and i use my phone non stop

9. GalaxyS_Superphone112

Agreed!

10. Terrier Hockey

Terrier Hockey Well-Known Member

It's not the case that 50%-80% of your battery is being used by the screen. That's not what the battery level settings tell you. It's that of the things using your battery, the screen is 50%-80% of that. So, it could be very little overall drain on your battery, and as others have said, it's just that of the things actually using the battery, the display will be the biggest.

11. misterrunon

misterrunon Well-Known Member

i went to bed with about 80% power left. woke up to the phone shut down from depleted power. i don't know what's up with that. i didn't even have wifi or 3g on... running stock unrooted version of the vibrant.

12. mavictb

mavictb Well-Known Member

that's what I'm saying! all my iphone4 friends are like "dude turn your screen brightness down... that thing is blinding me." i say I cant its all the way down.... I then turn it all the way up to prove it lol... the screen is ridiculously bright.

13. howetechnical

howetechnical Well-Known Member

I'm in a different boat than you all. Right now, at 1:49pm pst, my status says that voice calls have used 87% of the exhausted power and the screen has taken 6%. Now, keep in mind that this is a typical day, and I've already talked on about 40 calls (again, this -is- a typical day, haha). I've also been playing with the phone about 30 min while not on calls. Additionally, I've had it plugged in about an hour's worth while driving between job sites (4 sessions of 15 minutes), and it never got below 70%.

Battery seems pretty good so far, considering how much I use the device.

14. GalaxyS_Superphone112

did you do anything to your phone or the battery to have such great battery life?