Doggcatcher shows up as com.snoggdoggler....Support

Last Updated:

1. pettit03

pettit03 Active Member This Topic's Starter

So the icon for Doggcatcher is now com.snoggdoggler. Its shows up everywhere as com.snoggdoggler. Has this happened to anyone else? If I uninstall it and re download it will I have to pay again? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Kenotic

Kenotic Active Member

I had this happen with FBReader.

3. jlachesk

jlachesk Member

This is happening with a number of apps. I noticed it on chompSMS which is the only reason I tried Handcent (and I'm glad I did!).

There is a thread over at xda-developers on this issue, but as of now there doesn't seem to be any resolution.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=573545

4. bray424

bray424 Well-Known Member

Try backing up the apps with Astro then reinstalling them from there.

5. Gambit

Gambit Active Member

I'm having the same issue with several apps, LightRacer for example which I am using as my test case here. I tried your suggestion of backing it up to SD using Astro and then reinstalling. This fixed the issue temporarily, it was only showing "LightRacer" in the app drawer under the icon. Then I ran the app and rebooted the phone and, once again, it was showing the full package name in the app drawer.

6. g0tr00t

g0tr00t Well-Known Member

Not sure if this was it, but when I upgraded my apps to 1.6 friendly...it did it right away.

7. rasa

rasa Member

Did it with chompSMS and Meebo here. I ended up switching to Handcent anway, but uninstalling/reinstalling worked with chomp. With Meebo, the widget I added to my home screen is fine, but if I try to add it to any other screens, it gives the long name.