Dolphin/bookmarks widget question

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Markus729, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Markus729

Markus729 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Male
    Digital Design Strategy
    Mile High City
    Just thought I'd share that I downloaded Dolphin HD and it really is quite different from the stock browser. Seems faster, has nice features for eBay and Amazon, and just like how it handles. Maybe because it's different.

Question for Dolphin vets: I use the bookmarks widget as one of my homescreens, and when I click a bookmark, it does it via Dolphin. Fine. But when I click on the little globe at the top, it defaults to the stock browser.

How do change this to be Dolphin? I've looked under Settings > manage apps, but nothing really asked me about which browser to make default.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    technical illustrator
    UK
    go to settings/applications/manage applications/, find the internet app and click clear defaults, it should then prompt you to choose an app next time you click any service that requires the internet.

3. Markus729

Markus729 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Male
    Digital Design Strategy
    Mile High City
    I did what you suggested, but the Clear Defaults is greyed out, with the note "No defaults set.". Tried the same with Dolphin, and yes, it did ask me which browser to use as a default and I clicked Dolphin, however, when I click the globe again, same issue.