1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Dolphin/bookmarks widget question

Last Updated:

1. Markus729

Markus729 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just thought I'd share that I downloaded Dolphin HD and it really is quite different from the stock browser. Seems faster, has nice features for eBay and Amazon, and just like how it handles. Maybe because it's different.

Question for Dolphin vets: I use the bookmarks widget as one of my homescreens, and when I click a bookmark, it does it via Dolphin. Fine. But when I click on the little globe at the top, it defaults to the stock browser.

How do change this to be Dolphin? I've looked under Settings > manage apps, but nothing really asked me about which browser to make default.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

go to settings/applications/manage applications/, find the internet app and click clear defaults, it should then prompt you to choose an app next time you click any service that requires the internet.

3. Markus729

Markus729 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I did what you suggested, but the Clear Defaults is greyed out, with the note "No defaults set.". Tried the same with Dolphin, and yes, it did ask me which browser to use as a default and I clicked Dolphin, however, when I click the globe again, same issue.