dolphin browser beta assistanceSupport

Last Updated:

1. alpha2k

alpha2k Well-Known Member

Anyone using dolphin browser beta, how do you get the browser to like word wrap? Like when you zoom in, it really-adjusts the page to fit again instead of scrolling side to side.
    Is there a setting I missed for that?
    I have the "auto-fit pages" setting on, "open pages in overview" setting off.

So did I miss a setting ?

2. shizack

shizack Active Member

I don't think you missed anything. I just don't think many Android browsers do that.

That is the main reason I keep going back to Opera Mobile no matter how much I'd like to try others.

I don't dislike Opera at all; I just like like to try different ones. But alas, lack of "word wrap" is a deal breaker for me.
  3. justtom

justtom Well-Known Member

not sure I understand the question.But if I do understand it just simply dbl tap the screen. Page fits in the screen fine with scrolling also you can strech it theN dbl tap for very large text Don't blame the machine for your lack of knowledge blame the user.
  4. SelfElevated2

SelfElevated2 Well-Known Member

Its one of the dolphin browsers addons
  5. justtom

What one would that be? I must not understand the question at all because i can expand my text and still scroll with no problems without the need to shift left and right.Its a built in feature.
  6. alpha2k

There are 3 versions of dolphin browser, mini, regular dolphin, and dolphin beta.
    I am using beta, and cannot get the words to adjust ie: I zoom in with either pinch zoom or use the zoom button plus/minus and the page zooms in but the words go of the screen so I then have to move the screen side to side to read it.. ....basically it doesn't word wrap at all.

What version of the browser are you using?

It may be a phone specific thing, but I know with boat browser it has a word wrap feature in settings, and works, so that make me think its not a hardware thing but more a app thing.
  7. alpha2k

you must be using dolphin normal instead of dolphin beta. I just downloaded dolphin normal and it's word wrap works fine, just the beta doesn't.
    Kinda annoying but it IS beta :), so I can't complain to much.
    Hope that clears up the confusion.
  8. justtom

Yes I am running Booth actually just to see what improvements and updates it receives,I think I was on the wrong page.Have A Great Day.