Dolphin Browser BetaTips

1. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Since my S2 days, I've always been pretty much a stock browser kinda fella. I would try the others out briefly, but always end up back on stock.

On the S4 however, I've been using a mixture of stock and Chrome, with probably Chrome edging it for me.

That was before I put on Dolphin Browser Beta.
    Now I'm not sure what has been added/improved in this Beta version, as I'm not overly familiar with it, but for me this is head and shoulders above the others I've tried. Great to be able to do pre-defined gestures to open up specific bookmarks, and the scrolling. WOW! Its smoother than anything I've seen on ANY device. I wish all scrolling throughout the entire S4 (menus etc) was as smooth as this.

If you have not done so yet, give it a go. You won't be disappointed.

Advertisement
  2. Sydney99

Sydney99 Well-Known Member

is flash player working on it - I always loved dolphin but stopped using coz of flash support, which is why i now use boat browser....
  3. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

I believe so butty, since 4.2.2 according to changelogs/reviews etc.
    Not tried it myself, as I don't visit any flash(y) sites.
    Got one for me to try for you old boy?
  4. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

I've been a loyal dolphin fan since the days of my old S1. It's the best kept browser secret out there.

Check out the plugins for it, too. You can tweak it to your personal style in many ways.
  5. Sydney99

6. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

Yes, it plays for me. I'm running Dolphin Browser 10.0.3
    Sydney99 likes this.
  7. Sydney99

that's interesting, doesnt play here, and in settings it won't allow me to switch on flash player plug-in either. that's why I ditched dolphin for boat.
  8. Sydney99

OK, that's becuase the dolphin beta version still doesnt support flash

The proper version on play store DOES support flash video again. Nice.
  9. Hawker

Hawker Well-Known Member

Plays here for me to butty.
    Sydney99 likes this.
  10. GrouchoM

GrouchoM Well-Known Member

Dolphin Jetpack helps with flash.
  11. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

It works for me too. I've been using Dolphin Beta for a few years now and love it. I like the customization and plug-ins. My favorite plug-in, is Web to PDF. Now, I don't have to use a computer to make PDF's of web pages.Also like the exit feature too. I don't use the gestures though.