• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Dolphin browser can't access Google email

tangomango

Jan 30, 2010
Michigan
I'm trying to use Dolphin Browser to access Gmail but it gets stuck at about 1/6 of the wait loading mail.google.com and then goes to a white screen.

I tried in the native browser and it works fine. I also tried this with Xscope and same thing as Dolphin browser occurs.

Is this a known bug? If not, any ideas?

I mean, what about the Gmail app?

Hm, good point. But the thing is, my school changed to using Gmail and it's not the same procedure that I would use to login to my personal Gmail. So the Gmail app will not work.

When I try going to 'Add Account' it will allow me to enter my 'Gmail email' but it doesn't have a @gmail extension and I'm not sure how to work around this.

Upvote 0
Hm, good point. But the thing is, my school changed to using Gmail and it's not the same procedure that I would use to login to my personal Gmail. So the Gmail app will not work.

When I try going to 'Add Account' it will allow me to enter my 'Gmail email' but it doesn't have a @gmail extension and I'm not sure how to work around this.

If your school uses Gmail for accounts then it is probably using Google Apps for Domains, so it should just work if you set it up through the add accounts feature.

What happens when you try this:

Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync > [ Add Account ] > Google > Next > Sign in > enter username and PW

Upvote 0
If your school uses Gmail for accounts then it is probably using Google Apps for Domains, so it should just work if you set it up through the add accounts feature.

What happens when you try this:

Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync > [ Add Account ] > Google > Next > Sign in > enter username and PW

When I put in my school ID, it'll automatically add a @gmail extension, and this is not the extension that my school uses.

Meh, I think for now I'll just have to use the native Browser for school email...

Upvote 0
When I put in my school ID, it'll automatically add a @gmail extension, and this is not the extension that my school uses.

Meh, I think for now I'll just have to use the native Browser for school email...

I could be wrong but I don't think you are following what I am saying.

If you see a screen where is shows it adding @gmail, you are on the WRONG screen.

Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync > [ Add Account ] > Google > Next > Sign in > enter FULL EMAIL ADDRESS and PW

Don't just enter your schoolID, enter your schoolID@YourSchoolsDomain.com

Alternatively, you could probably set up the regular email app to access gmail through imap I think.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones